Media Create Week 4.. Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double beetloaf. I hate meatloaf

#181PiersKunPosted 2/1/2013 4:59:04 AM
To anyone saying "25k sales aren't good numbers first week for those Vita titles", that's bull. Both Demon Gaze and MonMon sold out all of their shipped copies. They will be reprinting it. Sure, 25k isn't an "amazing blockbuster", but that's when people need to come back down to Earth and realize that "being on the top 10" does not make these titles "big hitters". They're both niche titles and next week they'll probably vanish from the charts, as it happens with every other niche title, which is basically the strength of Vita's Japanese catalogue so far.

Also, if both companies sold all the units shipped (and made posts on their websites being happy about it), chances are they'll continue supporting the system. For niche titles, it doesn't matter if the system has sold 10 millions units as opposed to one, as long as the fanbase who owns the system is willing to spend money. The Vita's clearly the go-to system for small Japanese developers right now, and as long as it stays that way, all good. You sell 10k systems per week, but these are making a profit for each one. Not the ideal, per se, but they'll keep slow burning until the Vita manages to find 'that' game it's missing.

Honestly, hardware-wise it's clear the Vita hasn't been doing too hot, but software-wise in Japan? Sure, the PSP got its first MonHan announcement around this time, iirc, but the games catalogue was far, far inferior to the Vita's overall. Vita has a lot of "ports", true, but most of these are actually enhanced ports of great games. Meanwhile, the PSP had a lot of ports, as well, but the original stuff developed for it was basically "famous series developed by crap studio, spin-off game no one cares about". It also didn't have many games that reached P4G's numbers on its first year, nor did it have the support from said small companies which all top little by little with their games. The situation's not ideal, but hell, there's some real exaggeration here.

Also, regarding Demon Gaze, despite the 26k numbers on Media-Create, Experience put up a notice on their website saying they sold 50k copies. How to explain the difference?I don't know. Hard to think it sold 25k digital copies, so... who knows, lol.
---
https://twitter.com/burucchi - My Twitter account, also known as the place where I blog about videogames and anime.
#182JweinikkomPosted 2/1/2013 5:20:40 AM
PiersKun posted...

Also, if both companies sold all the units shipped (and made posts on their websites being happy about it), chances are they'll continue supporting the system. For niche titles, it doesn't matter if the system has sold 10 millions units as opposed to one, as long as the fanbase who owns the system is willing to spend money. The Vita's clearly the go-to system for small Japanese developers right now, and as long as it stays that way, all good. You sell 10k systems per week, but these are making a profit for each one. Not the ideal, per se, but they'll keep slow burning until the Vita manages to find 'that' game it's missing.

alright,first of all Vita is CLEARLY not the go-to system for small developer,not when the production cost is higher,and sales are lower.

and vita is NOT making profit from the hardware,they expected it to return profit AFTER 3 years
#183PiersKunPosted 2/1/2013 5:28:55 AM
Jweinikkom posted...
PiersKun posted...

alright,first of all Vita is CLEARLY not the go-to system for small developer,not when the production cost is higher,and sales are lower.

and vita is NOT making profit from the hardware,they expected it to return profit AFTER 3 years

Uh, ok, you tell that to the small devs on the Vita. Because the Japanese guys are all mostly there.

And by profit it means that each system sold isn't being sold at a loss. Which is well documented out there on the Internet. Of course, "turning a profit" the way you put up is actually paying all the costs from R&D, which is another story....
---
https://twitter.com/burucchi - My Twitter account, also known as the place where I blog about videogames and anime.
#184JweinikkomPosted 2/1/2013 5:43:34 AM
PiersKun posted...
Jweinikkom posted...
PiersKun posted...

Uh, ok, you tell that to the small devs on the Vita. Because the Japanese guys are all mostly there.

And by profit it means that each system sold isn't being sold at a loss. Which is well documented out there on the Internet. Of course, "turning a profit" the way you put up is actually paying all the costs from R&D, which is another story....

what,do you thiknnk those games only got 5 month of developement like declassified?
of course those games are being created before vita sales crash and burn.
what makes the vita still relevant in 3rd party developers is the belief that you cant be succesful on nintendo platform.

and i will just point to this:
http://asia.gamespot.com/news/e3-2011-vita-to-be-profitable-within-3-years-sony-6318239
#185PiersKunPosted 2/1/2013 5:52:11 AM
Jweinikkom posted...
PiersKun posted...
Jweinikkom posted...
PiersKun posted...

what,do you thiknnk those games only got 5 month of developement like declassified?
of course those games are being created before vita sales crash and burn.
what makes the vita still relevant in 3rd party developers is the belief that you cant be succesful on nintendo platform.

and i will just point to this:
http://asia.gamespot.com/news/e3-2011-vita-to-be-profitable-within-3-years-sony-6318239

Your link is clearly just saying what I told you. But I digress.

As for Declassified, it is what it is. A crazy rushed attempt at raising the Vita's sales in the west. That went badly, clearly. But uh, if that indicates anything is that people really do feel they can get away with subpar games as long as it has an attractive brand like Call of Duty or whatever.

Still, nothing to do with the Vita's japanese sales nor the Media Create charts and the Vita's health over there. Which is what I addressed in my post, anyhow.
---
#186dj___rollPosted 2/1/2013 6:12:47 AM
Quote:From: The_Djoker | #018
Looks like the Wii U is in a desperate struggle.

I'd be more amazed if that POS was selling well. Wii U has some good stuff coming out in the future but honestly, consumers aren't stupid enough to buy it now. I can't people thought this thing would take off like the Wii.

Vita not doing great but honestly, it's not going to improve until the big hitters come out. If they ever come out.

two big hitters came out and Vita still sits under 10k this week. The Vita just doesn't seem to be wanted.

@Shadowfxd2
I wouldn't call either big hitters, but of course you would to exaggerate your point.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#187PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 2/1/2013 8:36:53 AM
Mega going on his Mega rant again lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#188Megaman OmegaPosted 2/1/2013 3:10:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Name Air_Gear_
User ID 6717621
Board User Level 10: Provisional (1)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
Account Created Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:16 AM
Last Visit Friday, February 1, 2013 10:28 PM
Karma -1
Active Messages Posted 28

lol! Yet another angry SpiritDrone alt is on its way out.
---
Most publishes have nothing to do with the games they publish. - Sailor Goon
The Vita pushed out more launches than 3DS in the same time frame. - Sailor Goon
#189LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/1/2013 3:46:47 PM
This isn't the first time Gear has been in the negative karma zone.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg