Media Create Week 4.. Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double beetloaf. I hate meatloaf

#71Angemon_23Posted 1/30/2013 8:24:30 AM
I'm actually surprised with Demon Gaze and Monster Monpiece. I figured those were niche games, even by japanese standards, on a niche console.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#72AnclationPosted 1/30/2013 8:28:06 AM
Jobocan posted...
Not surprised to see the Vita and Wii U doing badly. Demon Gaze and Monpiece were hardly "heavy hitters" and the Wii U has basically nothing until March...

But at least the Wii U is getting some game in the future (Mario, Mario Kart, Game and Wario, W10, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2) that will push the system back up... While the Vita only has Soul Sacrifice as a possibly good exclusive that has any chance of selling (and that remains a big maybe) in Japan. And One Piece I guess might do okay but I'm assuming most people will go for the PS3 version.

Right now (my opinion may change, we're just at the beginning of the year after all) I don't really see the Wii U as being in trouble just because it does have games coming up. No matter how bad it's doing right now (and yes it is doing very bad) it DOES have things upcoming that will without a doubt get it out of this slump. The Vita, on the other hand, is in desperate need for help.

This. It's interesting how it took Nintendo, what, two months to recognize that the Wii U was struggling and announce some big exclusives, while the Vita has been doing horribly for more than a year without Sony doing much of anything, not even acknowledging just how badly it has been doing. If you want to fix a problem, the very first thing you have to do is actually admit you have a problem. Claiming the Vita is "meeting expectations" (after dramatically slashing their sales projections several times) and talking about a marathon when their "runner" has two broken legs does not even count as admitting there is a problem, it's just very, very bad spin.
#73ejay8320Posted 1/30/2013 8:35:07 AM
Anclation posted...
Jobocan posted...
Not surprised to see the Vita and Wii U doing badly. Demon Gaze and Monpiece were hardly "heavy hitters" and the Wii U has basically nothing until March...

But at least the Wii U is getting some game in the future (Mario, Mario Kart, Game and Wario, W10, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2) that will push the system back up... While the Vita only has Soul Sacrifice as a possibly good exclusive that has any chance of selling (and that remains a big maybe) in Japan. And One Piece I guess might do okay but I'm assuming most people will go for the PS3 version.

Right now (my opinion may change, we're just at the beginning of the year after all) I don't really see the Wii U as being in trouble just because it does have games coming up. No matter how bad it's doing right now (and yes it is doing very bad) it DOES have things upcoming that will without a doubt get it out of this slump. The Vita, on the other hand, is in desperate need for help.

This. It's interesting how it took Nintendo, what, two months to recognize that the Wii U was struggling and announce some big exclusives, while the Vita has been doing horribly for more than a year without Sony doing much of anything, not even acknowledging just how badly it has been doing. If you want to fix a problem, the very first thing you have to do is actually admit you have a problem. Claiming the Vita is "meeting expectations" (after dramatically slashing their sales projections several times) and talking about a marathon when their "runner" has two broken legs does not even count as admitting there is a problem, it's just very, very bad spin.

And here are opinions I can respect. Thanks for posting not trollish replies.

I agree sony needs to state there is a problem, but I don't see that happening until they're ready to do the price cut.
#74Angemon_23Posted 1/30/2013 8:37:13 AM
the Vita has been doing horribly for more than a year without Sony doing much of anything, not even acknowledging just how badly it has been doing. If you want to fix a problem, the very first thing you have to do is actually admit you have a problem. Claiming the Vita is "meeting expectations" (after dramatically slashing their sales projections several times) and talking about a marathon when their "runner" has two broken legs does not even count as admitting there is a problem, it's just very, very bad spin.

I know, right? What's Sony afraid of, getting its credit rating lowered? It's already on "junk" status, saying your most recent console is not "on the lower end of expectations" but under-performing (to say the least) won't make any difference by now.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#75supercaculoPosted 1/30/2013 8:40:45 AM
If this is the trend. I think that that the ps4 and 720 will have an up hill battle. This two consoles will definitely be 400to600 (going by rumored specs ) and consumer have spoken, over price consoles and handhelds will not be well received.
---
circle circle square circle = you are dead.
#76FayeLadyPosted 1/30/2013 8:46:31 AM
The distortion field in these topics about the health of the Vita is always uncanny. By this time you would think that discussion would be about WHY no one wants is. Yet people still argue against the numbers THAT no one wants it.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#77Koi_TenchiPosted 1/30/2013 8:56:45 AM
Jobocan posted...

This definitely.

I'm still not even sure why people constantly bring up the Wii U on the VITA board, but if they feel the need to make that comparison, the Wii U has only been out a few months and Nintendo just held a "Nintendo Direct" announcing a good 6 or so big name Wii U games for Wii U gamers to look forward to over the next year.

The Vita has been out over a year and we're still waiting for a "Vita Direct" to announce a bunch of big name games to look forward to that would push systems. Sony may not have the same "big names" as Nintendo, but they haven't even tried releasing most of the ones they have for Vita yet. Where's God of War? Where's Jak and Daxter? Where's something from Team Ico? Sly comes out soon, and that's great, but then what?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#78WhiteSword7Posted 1/30/2013 8:59:56 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Jobocan posted...

This definitely.

I'm still not even sure why people constantly bring up the Wii U on the VITA board, but if they feel the need to make that comparison, the Wii U has only been out a few months and Nintendo just held a "Nintendo Direct" announcing a good 6 or so big name Wii U games for Wii U gamers to look forward to over the next year.

The Vita has been out over a year and we're still waiting for a "Vita Direct" to announce a bunch of big name games to look forward to that would push systems. Sony may not have the same "big names" as Nintendo, but they haven't even tried releasing most of the ones they have for Vita yet. Where's God of War? Where's Jak and Daxter? Where's something from Team Ico? Sly comes out soon, and that's great, but then what?

Killzone Mercenary
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#79blunderminePosted 1/30/2013 9:02:34 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Where's something from Team Ico?

Where's anything from Team Ico? That studio is stuck in some pretty deep development hell.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#80OtakuGameraPosted 1/30/2013 9:04:42 AM
I'm really disappointed about Demon Gaze, I thought it would have sold better. This will harm localization chances. I'm importing it, but I want others to have the opportunity to play this.

it sold out it's whole stock, it couldnt get any better than that jesus christ
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg