Wait, so God Of War gets a Super Bowl commercial but the Vita didn't last year?

#1DarthLaharlPosted 1/30/2013 7:26:19 AM
Does Sony feel like another GoW game is more important than their handheld? I mean the Vita debuted last year with the most BS advertisements and promotions- Taco Bell, ESPN, MTV, etc.

I feel like if that was the crowd that they wanted (the "bro" gamers) wouldn't it have more sense to air a Super Bowl commercial?

Here's the link btw- http://gematsu.com/2013/01/god-of-war-ascension-super-bowl-tv-spot-teaser?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

I used to see all of these topics about "Does Sony want the Vita to fail?" and "Sony doesn't care about the Vita?" and I'd think to myself, "Why would they want they're own system to fail? People are so stupid". But now I think it may be true. The most hyped games that people want on Vita are RPGs, Action Adventure, and Platforming games, why can't Sony just leave that other stuff alone that nobody cares about and give us what we actually want?

Gravity Rush
Persona 4
Soul Sacrifice
Sound Shapes
Zero Escape
FF X
Tales Of Innocence R
Tales of Hearts
Ragnarok Odyssey
Lords of Apocalypse
Y's Celceta No Junkai
Phantasy Star Online 2
Dragon's Crown
and the Atelier Plus games.

^^These are all games that are either already available or have been announced and have no US/EU release dates in site. What do all of these games have in common? These are the most wanted and loved games for the Vita as of right now. Some of them are already here and are beloved, others are releasing soon and are hyped, and others have petitions going for them to make it here.

I know Sony isn't in charge of most of those game's development but the least they could do is make an effort to give us more games like these or assist on localization of some of these games. It's become very clear that Vita owners mostly want Japanese type games and non Vita owners just want cheaper memory. Why can't Sony just give the people what they want? DO THEY REALLY WANT TO FAIL SO BADLY?
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#2Lord_VishanaPosted 1/30/2013 7:29:49 AM
Pffft! The Super Bowl? I'm watching The Puppy Bowl like I do every year.(I'm serious btw, the Puppy Bowl is cuteness overload)
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#3DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:35:35 AM
I also watch the Puppy Bowl :P

I don't care for sports.
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#4FlipManV3Posted 1/30/2013 7:37:46 AM
Yup. That's Sony for you.
The thing they've advertised the most is Declassified, which would've been fine if the game was actually good and a multiplatform version of the consoles. Now people that bought the game for Declassified probably has a horrid taste of the Vita.

Lord_Vishana posted...
Pffft! The Super Bowl? I'm watching The Puppy Bowl like I do every year.(I'm serious btw, the Puppy Bowl is cuteness overload)

I need explanation.
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#5snowboard340Posted 1/30/2013 7:37:47 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...

That's on before the superbowl though. I randomly stumbled across it last year when waiting for the superbowl.
#6stargazer64Posted 1/30/2013 7:39:17 AM
Was expecting Dragon's Crown Super Bowl commercial.

Am disappoint.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#7OtakuGameraPosted 1/30/2013 7:58:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8KogaSteelfangPosted 1/30/2013 8:06:01 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...

This.
I only flip over to the superbowl for the commercials anyway.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#9RisingWaterPosted 1/30/2013 8:57:41 AM
GOW is by far the strongest Sony franchise in US.
GOW3 sold 1.1 million copies in like 20 days,for comparison Uncharted 2 took ages to get to that point.

In short,marketing GOW =more money,marketing Vita=money lost
#10FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/30/2013 9:04:54 AM
DO THEY REALLY WANT TO FAIL SO BADLY?

Yes.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf