I bought a 3ds now so I can buy a vita later

#1UncleGrubbyPosted 1/30/2013 7:49:23 AM
Looks like 3ds is here to stay and some good games are finally stacking up. That said, I really want a vita, especially for p4g. But im waiting for that price drop and for more games. Nearly everything else decent is a ps3 port I can get for cheaper. And I gots a ps3 so I'll be waitin. I want the vita to do well but honestly I dont think its the 3ds but apple and android that are making it difficult to get developer and consumer support. And that goes for 3ds too but when you have mario and pokemon you've always got a decent consumer install base.
#2Dust91Posted 1/30/2013 7:55:52 AM
UncleGrubby posted...
Looks like 3ds is here to stay and some good games are finally stacking up. That said, I really want a vita, especially for p4g. But im waiting for that price drop and for more games. Nearly everything else decent is a ps3 port I can get for cheaper. And I gots a ps3 so I'll be waitin. I want the vita to do well but honestly I dont think its the 3ds but apple and android that are making it difficult to get developer and consumer support. And that goes for 3ds too but when you have mario and pokemon you've always got a decent consumer install base.

Or you could have bought a white Vita for $180 from Black Friday with AC3:Liberation and a memory card. Yeah, less money that buying a 3DS XL.

But go on trollity troll, pretend you're good.
#3OtakuGameraPosted 1/30/2013 7:57:00 AM
ok
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 1/30/2013 7:59:14 AM
Dust91 posted...
UncleGrubby posted...

Or you could have bought a white Vita for $180 from Black Friday with AC3:Liberation and a memory card. Yeah, less money that buying a 3DS XL.

This is precisely what is wrong with this board, people are automatically labelled trolls who didn't do anything remotely trollish.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5Dust91Posted 1/30/2013 8:02:27 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Dust91 posted...
UncleGrubby posted...

This is precisely what is wrong with this board, people are automatically labelled trolls who didn't do anything remotely trollish.

I'll ask you first, what's the point of this thread if not to brag about the 3DS? He's not even asking something about the Vita, he's straight up trolling.
#6Lord_VishanaPosted 1/30/2013 8:10:12 AM
Dust91 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Dust91 posted...
UncleGrubby posted...

I'll ask you first, what's the point of this thread if not to brag about the 3DS? He's not even asking something about the Vita, he's straight up trolling.

The person praised the Vita in the opening post and said they were interested in P4G and a few other games.

The person also said the Vita library consists of primarily of ports. This is true, nothing is wrong with it. Many people like enhanced ports on a portable system.

It's a fact that Apple's existence is harming both the 3DS and Vita. Unfortunately due to mobile games most consumers don't feel the need for a dedicated portable gaming system any longer.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#7BigReedPosted 1/30/2013 8:15:56 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Dust91 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Dust91 posted...
UncleGrubby posted...

The person praised the Vita in the opening post and said they were interested in P4G and a few other games.

The person also said the Vita library consists of primarily of ports. This is true, nothing is wrong with it. Many people like enhanced ports on a portable system.

It's a fact that Apple's existence is harming both the 3DS and Vita. Unfortunately due to mobile games most consumers don't feel the need for a dedicated portable gaming system any longer.

My theory (if you can call it that) is that the Video Game industry did this to itself. There has been almost little to no change or innovation since the rebirth of the industry at the NES. I don't game at all on my iPhone and iPad, and even without gaming, I think those devices offer more than buying a console does.

Games are too expensive for what they offer. Buying 2 new games is half the price of a console. The business model has barely changed in 30 years, yet every other market segment in Consumer Electronics has drastically changed over the years.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#8gray_fox_00Posted 1/30/2013 8:16:39 AM
Did the same thing but in reverse. Don't mind the inevitable group of people saying you should've got the Vita first. I choose what fit my gaming preference and it sounds like you thought everything out and know what you want...the important part.

Enjoy your 3DS and hope you find your way to the Vita in the future.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#9KogaSteelfangPosted 1/30/2013 8:23:34 AM
Let's analyze TC's post for a few seconds.

Things TC said about 3ds:
1. He bought one.
2. It's got some games he's interested in.
3. Pokemon sells well.

Things TC said about Vita:
1. He wants one.
2. Waiting on the price drop.
3. Library has lots of ports.
4. Games he's interested in are multiplatform.
5. He has a ps3, and can get the games cheaper.
6. He wants Vita to do well.

Things he said about both:
1. are being hurt by other mobile devices rather than each other.

He literally discusses Vita twice as much as he does 3ds.
He never judges one or the other.

I think some people get far too hung up on the "OMG he mentioned 3ds... TROLL!" bandwagon to think sensibly at all.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#10UncleGrubby(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:16:53 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
Let's analyze TC's post for a few seconds.

Things TC said about 3ds:
1. He bought one.
2. It's got some games he's interested in.
3. Pokemon sells well.

Things TC said about Vita:
1. He wants one.
2. Waiting on the price drop.
3. Library has lots of ports.
4. Games he's interested in are multiplatform.
5. He has a ps3, and can get the games cheaper.
6. He wants Vita to do well.

Things he said about both:
1. are being hurt by other mobile devices rather than each other.

He literally discusses Vita twice as much as he does 3ds.
He never judges one or the other.

I think some people get far too hung up on the "OMG he mentioned 3ds... TROLL!" bandwagon to think sensibly at all.

I thought it was a reasonable discussion. 3ds has ports too. $40 for an enhanced n64 game is ridiculous too. Both systems need to do well because competition spurs innovation. On the other hand, neither system has shown any true innovation at all. Both platforms are struggling to make themselves relevant in an age were public perception of such dedicated devices views them as unnecessary. I buy handheld game consoles because I like the "full console experience" as well as buttons and proven franchises. But the general public sees a kindle fire as offering so much more for the money, buttons or no buttons. Far cheaper software regardless of polish or depth. And for most people that's enough. I can remember my dad buying a gameboy color for flights and business trips. Not a gamer at all, but he enjoyed the simple distraction. He no longer has any need to buy a handheld system for such purposes and neither do most the people that bought a NDS or GBA or GBC before smartphones and tablets came to be.

What most gamers don't realize, as more directly indicated by Wii software attachment, is that the majority of people who own game consoles aren't really "gamers." They aren't checking Kotaku or reading gamefaqs. They dont care about dorky dungeon crawlers or the precision of buttons over touch screens or if the game they are playing is angry birds or modern combat or triple town. Now that so much of the consumer base has abandoned the concept of a dedicated handheld gaming device in favor of dirt cheap apps developers are following suit.

And yes, "serious gamers" are bored with how stale and how "safe" developers' products have become.