Fire Emblem has a 92 at MetaCritic: Which 2013 Vita game will outscore it?

#61Lord_VishanaPosted 1/30/2013 1:09:27 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Yet another topic by FierceJello. Metacritic only has 15 reviews so far....and no user reviews at all yet. Lets wait and see what the rating goes to once it gets a decent amount of reviews in.

I seem to recall a lot of people here going crazy over the Persona 4 Golden metacritic rating when it only had 8 reviews(the game is great and it deserves them).

Why must we await more reviews for Fire Emblem before people praise it, when people didn't wait for more reviews of P4G? The general consensus is that it's the best Fire Emblem ever created.

Show me where people were doing that with Golden. I just searched both the Vita board and P4G board for metacritic, and see nothing praising the game after only a few scores.
P4G has 30 critic scores and 220 user reviews. That's an accurate picture. 15 critic reviews is nothing to guage a game.

And you know damned well that this topic is pure flamebait. Everything Fiercejello vomits out is.

It wasn't isolated to a singular topic, it a debate in a sales topic shortly after it released in North America. I recall the debate/argument happening in a few other random topics as well. I'll search for them a bit later.

I'll agree 8 or 15 reviews be it fan or critic aren't enough to make an accurate determination if a game is good. Person 4 Golden is fantastic, so is File Emblem: Awakening. The final Metacritic score is ultimately irrelevant. Both were hyped games that lived up to said hype. In the end I don't care which has the higher score as I know I love both.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#62Sailor GoonPosted 1/30/2013 1:11:20 PM
In any case, Im not saying Fire Emblem is a bad game. Im just saying that its dumb to guage the quality on Metacritic after so few reviews.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#63freutty2Posted 1/30/2013 1:12:15 PM
Gamenamebully posted...
I never get why people are so fixiated on ratings to prove a thing.

It's all about personal preferences. Ratings from Metacritics don't make me purchase a game and nor do sales. It's about how the game interests me and if it is good to me or not.

Granted Fire Emblem Awakening is more than likely a good game but this is just silly.

I know what you mean. Nintendo Power was the only gaming company I could trust. Sometimes they had problems when reviewing, sometimes they game a game to much credit. But most of the time they were okay. But I think in Dec. they died. Game informer gave Ni No Kuni a 7. LOL! You expect me to trust you game informer??!
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#64HMRSXPosted 1/30/2013 1:19:12 PM
Dark_Zeno posted...
HMRSX posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
HMRSX posted...

I know I've seen you claim that you own both a Vita and a 3DS in past threads, but it's clear that you favor 3DS. So my question to you is: Why do you and many other pro-3DS gamers frequent this board more than the 3DS board?
I usually read a lot of the topics other on the 3DS board and I honestly cant remember the last time that I saw you post in a thread over there.
It seems like you, along with some other users usually post on these boards just to antagonize.

It's funny that you say Lord Vishana is being "antagonistic". She is one of the more reasonable and nicer users here.

Plus, users like yourself who get upset over someone not liking the Vita as much as you do make for some fine drama on this board.

I actually dont care if someone dislikes any system. What I have a problem with is people always posting something negative to counter anything positive said about the Vita on this board. Of course some people are more subtle about it than others, like Vishana but that fact remains that she chose to criticize another poster in this thread for being optimistic. It's the cool thing to do on the Vita board it seems.

Why arent you people calling out the original poster for this clear flame/fanboy/troll war topic? Instead, you wait for someone to take the bait and make a comment that you disagree with and then attack them. Its the same s#$%^, different day on this board I swear.

You are attacking Lord Vishana, one of the most fair and nice people of this board in order to white knight Sailor Goon? One of the worst posters that appear in this board, a know fanboy that is know for his hypocrisy and mathemagics? You realize how sad that is?

EDIT: Just realized that you are the guy that called Kitt a troll for posting Media Create sales. Yup. Sad indeed.

I called him an attention w#053, not a troll. There is a slight difference.

He is a phony that copies and pastes from another forum.
#65lunchEATSyouPosted 1/30/2013 1:24:16 PM
HMRSX posted...

It was a specifc user she was refering to, not "all Vita owners". The particular user is a well known troll on the Wii U board also and is guilty of the hypocrisy he is being accused of. Why you are painting yourself as the victim is odd.
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#66Lord_VishanaPosted 1/30/2013 1:25:43 PM
HMRSX posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
HMRSX posted...

I know I've seen you claim that you own both a Vita and a 3DS in past threads, but it's clear that you favor 3DS. So my question to you is: Why do you and many other pro-3DS gamers frequent this board more than the 3DS board?
I usually read a lot of the topics other on the 3DS board and I honestly cant remember the last time that I saw you post in a thread over there.
It seems like you, along with some other users usually post on these boards just to antagonize.

It's funny that you say Lord Vishana is being "antagonistic". She is one of the more reasonable and nicer users here.

Plus, users like yourself who get upset over someone not liking the Vita as much as you do make for some fine drama on this board.

I actually dont care if someone dislikes any system. What I have a problem with is people always posting something negative to counter anything positive said about the Vita on this board. Of course some people are more subtle about it than others, like Vishana but that fact remains that she chose to criticize another poster in this thread for being optimistic. It's the cool thing to do on the Vita board it seems.

Why arent you people calling out the original poster for this clear flame/fanboy/troll war topic? Instead, you wait for someone to take the bait and make a comment that you disagree with and then attack them. Its the same s#$%^, different day on this board I swear.

I've never callously criticised the Vita, in fact I praise it quite often. I'm always commenting on my love of the games like P4G, Silent Hill and Disgaea. I offer recommendations, encourage people to buy the Vita ect. I'm not fond of the rear touch screen(I've been very critical of that admittedly).

I've never said the Vita was a flop or called it a failure...ever. Now I have said the Vita and Sony itself are in a precarious situation and not sure if they can recover. I don't hate Sony, I hate the way the handled the Vita. I think this is a completely rational reason to be critical of them.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#67__Blight__Posted 1/30/2013 1:29:46 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
HMRSX posted...

It was a specifc user she was refering to, not "all Vita owners". The particular user is a well known troll on the Wii U board also and is guilty of the hypocrisy he is being accused of. Why you are painting yourself as the victim is odd.

And the TC is a known troll ON this board. We are not on the Wii U board so who gives a **** what he says over there. If you have a problem with that then go attack Goon on THAT board.
---
"This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some" - Tywin Lannister
#68mike_411Posted 1/30/2013 1:30:29 PM
freutty2 posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
I never get why people are so fixiated on ratings to prove a thing.

It's all about personal preferences. Ratings from Metacritics don't make me purchase a game and nor do sales. It's about how the game interests me and if it is good to me or not.

Granted Fire Emblem Awakening is more than likely a good game but this is just silly.

I know what you mean. Nintendo Power was the only gaming company I could trust. Sometimes they had problems when reviewing, sometimes they game a game to much credit. But most of the time they were okay. But I think in Dec. they died. Game informer gave Ni No Kuni a 7. LOL! You expect me to trust you game informer??!

Actually Andrew Reiner loved Ni No Kuni, he said so.while they did the test chamber for Fire emblem. Game Informer isn't a hive mind, not everyone is going to give a game that you enjoyed a high score.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#69HMRSXPosted 1/30/2013 1:31:26 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
HMRSX posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
HMRSX posted...

I've never callously criticised the Vita, in fact I praise it quite often. I'm always commenting on my love of the games like P4G, Silent Hill and Disgaea. I offer recommendations, encourage people to buy the Vita ect. I'm not fond of the rear touch screen(I've been very critical of that admittedly).

I've never said the Vita was a flop or called it a failure...ever. Now I have said the Vita and Sony itself are in a precarious situation and not sure if they can recover. I don't hate Sony, I hate the way the handled the Vita. I think this is a completely rational reason to be critical of them.

I never accused you of saying anything bad about the Vita. It just seems that you like calling out blatant fanboys on this board but wont say a damn thing about the trolls. Instead you let them do their thing and revel in the ensuing drama. I know how women like drama.
#70lunchEATSyouPosted 1/30/2013 1:33:36 PM
__Blight__ posted...

And the TC is a known troll ON this board. We are not on the Wii U board so who gives a **** what he says over there. If you have a problem with that then go attack Goon on THAT board.

Actually he is getting flak for what he does on the VITA board.

Anyways, if this board offends you so much, you should probably find yourself another website to visit
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board