Did you guys expect the Vita to do this bad?

#11nouseravailablePosted 1/30/2013 4:50:16 PM
Guerrilla Soldier posted...
It's not really doing so bad, in my opinion. Then again, I also bought a PS3 at launch and can remember how the first couple of years were for that system, and this isn't really much compared.

I did think there would be more games by now, but it doesn't really feel like it's doing 'bad' at all.

Yeah, well, many ppl praise dremcast and nintendo 64. One year after n64 release we were celebrating our third game (woooo wave race!), i remmember dc had some more games at launch but we were pretty desperate too, we even believed blue stinger was a nice game (not to mention, we were playing 32 bits multiplataforms in a 128 bits machine). Vita seems like a nice secondary game machine... as soon as japanese developers decide that psp has to die, it will get much more love.
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#12FKRW4LifePosted 1/30/2013 4:57:35 PM
Before the 3ds price drop Id have laughed at the idea. After the price drop I knew SONY would really have to put some amazing titles out.

They did at first but after a month or two they didnt talk about anything huge coming out and now a year later it continues to not get any major announcements. Not surprised at all since the only way people would even buy it is if they are either A: gamers with nothing to play atm, B: Collectors, or C: just happened to see it and had the money to spend in a store.

Still, I like it more than my 3ds XL.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#13S_T_O_N_E_Posted 1/30/2013 4:57:53 PM
the vita is barely a year old, same thing happened with the ps3. It's just the price that is stopping it. Lowering it by $50 and i'm sure it'll have more buyers, that and the memory cards. I remember the ps3 being listed on ebay (it made the news) for $1,500,000.00.
---
PM me for the $20 referral code if you're interested.
#14JobocanPosted 1/30/2013 4:58:04 PM
DalekZero posted...
This week? Yes. Overall? No.

The system has so much potential. When i first saw it at e3 2011, i was like, "yep. I want that".

Basically this. I thought the system looked awesome and I got it at launch. I figured games would come out a lot more often since this is such a cool system, but there's really not much going on with it.

nouseravailable posted...

One year after n64 release we were celebrating our third game (woooo wave race!)

Lol no. What's with your complete lack of knowledge and research? Waverace 64 came out less than 2 months after the N64 dude. Keep on derping!
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#15iLLsteezePosted 1/30/2013 5:01:20 PM
i didnt expect it to be doing this horribly. i at least expected it to outsell the psp. oh well.
---
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.
#16nouseravailablePosted 1/30/2013 5:03:07 PM
Jobocan posted...
Lol no. What's with your complete lack of knowledge and research? Waverace 64 came out less than 2 months after the N64 dude. Keep on derping!

I had a n64... do you understand what is an hyperbole?
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#17LuminescentRulePosted 1/30/2013 5:04:09 PM
No. I did not expect such a quality handheld to sell as bad. But I am also not worried about it dying any time soon. Sony has way too many devs for that to happen.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
January 2013 - PS3: NNK:WWW | WiiU: *tumbleweeds*
#18Air_Gear_Posted 1/30/2013 5:10:03 PM
Was there any point to this topic?

Oh wait, no there wasn't. Just another hater.
#19RotuhiiriPosted 1/30/2013 5:10:16 PM
I honestly expected the Vita to do quite well. I thought it had a pretty good launch line-up and a pretty good price considering the tech. I guess I was wrong or there were many factors I didn't take into account.

I still think Sony can potentially turn things around but the clock is ticking and the tech is getting less and less hot by the month.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#20CaptainMoosePosted 1/30/2013 5:31:27 PM
nouseravailable posted...
Jobocan posted...

I had a n64... do you understand what is an hyperbole?

Wow, you're a sad little person huh?