Just got myself a Vita....

#1RRoDeathPosted 1/30/2013 6:36:12 PM
I just picked up the Wifi Vita on Monday, and I must say that it is quite an impressive little machine. I really love how they finally implemented a second analog stick (Makes FPS SOOO much easier).

The only games I have right now though are:

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater HD
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Oddworld; Strangers Wrath (loved this game on Xbox and was so pumped to see it on vita)
Untold Legends: The Warriors Code (PSP)
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
Uncharted Golden Abyss.

I am trying to find some other good FPS games or RPG's. Can anyone recommend any from either genre that are "must own" titles? I also have a membership to Playstation Plus, so I plan to pick up more games once I get my new memory card (Only have two of the 4gb cards right now, but ordered a 16gb)

Anyway though, moral of the story is that the Vita is more impressive than I had imagined it would be.
---
Whenever it says "hit X" I say "but that's why I got arrested last time" --CaPwnD
#2Lord_VishanaPosted 1/30/2013 6:44:05 PM
Congratulations on your purchase, I'm glad you like it. :-)

If you're receptive to game recommendations these are must own(in my opinion)

Persona 4 Golden
Disgaea 3
Touch My Katamari
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Mortal Kombat
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#3gray_fox_00Posted 1/30/2013 6:46:29 PM
Just download every PS+ instant game collection game even if you doing have space just to get it in you download history.

Hope you enjoy it. Let me know how you like COD.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#4Mcnugget2256Posted 1/30/2013 6:46:35 PM
Well I hate to burst your bubble...but Vita only has 2 "known" fps, and you own one of them. The other one is Resistance. Both are absolute garbage.

As for RPGs, I know of quite a few. The ones I've played are Persona 4 and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I promise you will love both of them. Ragnarok is pretty repetitive, don't recommend.
---
Currently playing: P4G, Hitman, Pokemon White 2, Halo 4, FarC3
Waiting for: GTA5, BF4, The Last Of Us, Pokemon X.
#5RRoDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:46:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about getting Mortal Kombat for the vita, but does it still have the RPG(ish) Konquest mode in it? That was honestly my biggest enjoyment out of Mortal Kombat.

I also forgot to mention I bought MK:Unchained just for it's Konquest mode lol....what can I say though, I am hooked on that game
---
(#[ ]#) - PS Vita (OFW 2.05)
(2)4gb MC's & 6 games
#6Lord_VishanaPosted 1/30/2013 6:51:26 PM
RRoDeath posted...
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about getting Mortal Kombat for the vita, but does it still have the RPG(ish) Konquest mode in it? That was honestly my biggest enjoyment out of Mortal Kombat.

I also forgot to mention I bought MK:Unchained just for it's Konquest mode lol....what can I say though, I am hooked on that game

Zomg you like the Konquest mode as well? I thought I was the only person on the planet who liked it. Unfortunately it isn't in this version. :-(

I really loved the story mode in it though. :-)
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#7xxtearg0dxxPosted 1/30/2013 6:53:49 PM
Resistance is pretty good for a shooter game, I enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's a must have but it's pretty good.
#8S_T_O_N_E_Posted 1/30/2013 7:54:32 PM
I highly recommend dokuro off the PSN store for $9.99. It's a puzzle game and makes use of the vitas features. Very hard too. You play as a minion of a devil who tries to save a captured princess from the devils castle and try to prevent him from marrying her. It's pretty comical and fun. I love it. And has a buttload of trophies if you're a trophy person.
---
PM me for the $20 referral code if you're interested.
#9ps3_gamer_norgePosted 1/30/2013 7:57:14 PM
Download treasure of mountezuma blitz (free) and buy playstation +.

Steer clear from all the vita fps games. They suck. Killzone Mercenaries might be good, but that dosent release until september.

Those are my oly reccomendations.
#10BigG777Posted 1/30/2013 8:17:29 PM
the vita is surprisingly lacking in rpgs. persona 4 and disgaea 3 are probably the best right now. there are a bunch of great psp rpgs on the store though. PS 1 classics are nice too.

also in case you havent heard, sony is having an event right now were if you get a referral from someone and enter your vita's serial number you pretty much get a free $20 psn card code.