Why doesn't Sony follow Nintendo's lead with localization?

#1AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/31/2013 7:43:18 AM
Nintendo announced they'd be stepping in to help localize and publish Japanese games to bring to the West to expand their library...it's an excellent announcement, and a true sign that they care about their customers.

Why isn't Sony doing something to expand the Vita's library in a similar fashion?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#2FlipManV3Posted 1/31/2013 7:49:14 AM
Because Sony.
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#3stargazer64Posted 1/31/2013 7:50:03 AM
Sony will just let the third parties take the lead, as usual.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#4Air_Gear_Posted 1/31/2013 7:52:01 AM
Sony is smart in this regard.

Nintendo appears as if they don't even know how to run a business.
#5DucePosted 1/31/2013 7:52:06 AM
Nintendo said the same with the DS and ended up leaving many games like Soma Bringer in Japan only cant always believe a word out of Iwata's lying mouth.
#6GradyHooverPosted 1/31/2013 7:53:03 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Nintendo announced they'd be stepping in to help localize and publish Japanese games to bring to the West to expand their library...it's an excellent announcement, and a true sign that they care about their customers.

They won't.

Listen, you just brought up the #1 thing that I'm angry at Nintendo about for the Wii generation: They couldn't even be bothered to localize their own games. Even when those games were already in English, in freaking Europe, they couldn't be bothered to bring them to North America. Time and time again, they did this. And I finally couldn't take it.

Nintendo's promise is an empty one. Show me some action and tell me what you did, and maybe I"ll believe it. But I don't buy it for one goddamn second. They've proven they don't care.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#7CrystalKing5426Posted 1/31/2013 7:53:31 AM
Duce posted...
Nintendo said the same with the DS and ended up leaving many games like Soma Bringer in Japan only cant always believe a word out of Iwata's lying mouth.

Except that there were a ton of Japanese games for the DS with limited Western appeal that did get localized.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#8Lord_VishanaPosted 1/31/2013 7:54:03 AM
Nintendo better intervene with Bravely Default, Dragon Quest VII and Terry's Wonderland localizations. I completely lost faith in Square Enix doing something their fans(the few they have remaining) actually want.

Hopefully Sony will follow this tactic. Honestly both companies could learn a lot from each other.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#9Lord_VishanaPosted 1/31/2013 7:56:26 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
Sony is smart in this regard.

Nintendo appears as if they don't even know how to run a business.

Nintendo as a company has existed since 1890.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#10GradyHooverPosted 1/31/2013 7:56:28 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...

Why isn't Sony doing something to expand the Vita's library in a similar fashion?

What Japanese-published games are you upset that we don't have?

I mean, Sony's admitted that America is currently their biggest Vita ownership market. What do you think they're leaving out?

Hatsune Mika and The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution are the only games I know of that A) are already out in Japan and B) seem to have no plans to come here...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games