Why doesn't Sony follow Nintendo's lead with localization?

#11GradyHooverPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:20 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Nintendo better intervene with Bravely Default, Dragon Quest VII and Terry's Wonderland localizations. I completely lost faith in Square Enix doing something their fans(the few they have remaining) actually want.

Hopefully Sony will follow this tactic. Honestly both companies could learn a lot from each other.

I can bet you that Dragon Quest is coming. It's pretty much inevitable - they always come stateside now.

But Bravely Default? That ship has sailed.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#12JobocanPosted 1/31/2013 8:00:04 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Nintendo better intervene with Bravely Default, Dragon Quest VII and Terry's Wonderland localizations. I completely lost faith in Square Enix doing something their fans(the few they have remaining) actually want.

Hopefully Sony will follow this tactic. Honestly both companies could learn a lot from each other.

And I'll add to that Professor Layton X Ace Attorney, no idea why that's not being localized yet.

And yes, this is one of the things Sony really need to get their act together on.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#13FayeLadyPosted 1/31/2013 8:00:10 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Air_Gear_ posted...
Sony is smart in this regard.

Nintendo appears as if they don't even know how to run a business.

Nintendo as a company has existed since 1890.

Don't get him started on the "PreDS" pricecut of 1894.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#14CrystalKing5426Posted 1/31/2013 8:05:16 AM
GradyHoover posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

I can bet you that Dragon Quest is coming. It's pretty much inevitable - they always come stateside now.

That's more a matter of SE's endless stupidity. Nintendo can't force them to localize it, though they should try.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#15PigfartsPosted 1/31/2013 8:06:46 AM
B/c nintendo is following sony's lead in tanking sales. haha. but seriously I hope both systems get third party support b/c I want a Wii U and I want a Vita but not if both are slowy making their way to the bargin bin.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#16bakasmurfPosted 1/31/2013 8:11:32 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Nintendo announced they'd be stepping in to help localize and publish Japanese games to bring to the West to expand their library...it's an excellent announcement, and a true sign that they care about their customers.

Why isn't Sony doing something to expand the Vita's library in a similar fashion?

I suppose because Nintendo just made the announcement!?
Or have you forgotten how it took Operation Rainfall before Xseed published the games Nintendo ignored?

What you should have asked is why Sony didn't think of it before? The answer is because SONY.

Anyway practically most of the Japanese vita games released so far have been localized and a few in the future like Muramasa and Celceta of trees. With the exception of Tales of Innocences there is not much else, I care enough to remember .
#17ZendaikPosted 1/31/2013 8:11:49 AM
GradyHoover posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

lol wut? Based on what? The game came out <4 months ago. It took longer for Soul Hackers to be announced from its release. Plus the producer already expressed interest in localizing it, it's the most asked for game in 2013 on the SE Members (besides Type-0). Pretty sure it'll come over.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#18AceAndJunpei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:14:34 AM
Well I think we deserve Trails in the Sky and the Miku game...there's no reason not to bring them over other than Sony not caring what the fans are demanding.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#19mike_411Posted 1/31/2013 8:14:49 AM
lots of games are getting localized here though, hell even loli fishing time is here. >.>

I see lots of nintendo games I want but can't really get though...

The good thing at least is the Vita isn't region locked, that still gives me the option of picking up a game if I really want it.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#20AceAndJunpei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:36:09 AM
mike_411 posted...
lots of games are getting localized here though, hell even loli fishing time is here. >.>

I see lots of nintendo games I want but can't really get though...

The good thing at least is the Vita isn't region locked, that still gives me the option of picking up a game if I really want it.

Are you fluent in Japanese? Because if not, there's no point in importing RPGs.

What Nintendo games did you want that you can't get here?

Only Bravely Default is the only one I can think of, and if you can't read Japanese, why even bother?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"