I feel like being spontaneous, I think I'll go buy a Vita (couple of questions)

#1awesomesauce13Posted 1/31/2013 2:26:47 PM
Before I do go and get one, I just wanted to confirm a few things....so the physical games come on memory stick things. If I'm playing one of those, does my save data go onto the game's stick, or onto my main memory stick?

Also, what size memory stick will I need? Obviously I can upgrade/buy another one later, but how many games fit onto them? I don't have much of a wishlist of games at the moment but I'm sure more will come along.

Last question, what's the deal with cross-buy? Is there any point in having games on both my PS3 and my PSV? And does cross-buy apply to any game that is on both consoles, or only certain ones?

Thanks in advance for any answers :)
#2Manilo_PunishPosted 1/31/2013 2:33:52 PM(edited)
Quick guys, he's gonna buy a vita, ask him for a referral!!111111

edit: to answer your questions:

1. You will need a memory stick to play most games. If you plan on downloading games, then you should get a big memory stick like the 32 gig (kinda pricey). I also like the big memory card cuz I put a lot of music and movies/shows on it. If you plan on buying actual physical games only and aren't bothered with the extra media fluff, then getting a 4 gig card would be fine.

2. Game saves depend on the game...some games save directly to the game cartridge, while others save to your mem card. If you have ps+, you can backup saves via the thunder cloud.

3. Cross buy is cool, but all games support it. An example of a game that does is psabr, if you buy the ps3 version then you get the vita version for free.
---
The Punish.
#3awesomesauce13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:29:50 PM
I'm happy to give a referral to anyone who helps me out, whatever that is...
#4OtakuGameraPosted 1/31/2013 2:32:25 PM
1. Certain games saves on the game cart itself and certain games saves on the stick, basically just get a mem stick and you'll be covered

2. 4gb is all you really need, you can get around 1-3 full vita game on that, if you are a hoarder and buys online alot then 16 or 32gb is recommended

3. Saves and progress are shared between PS3 and PSV i think, never used cross buy so im not sure.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#5ejay8320Posted 1/31/2013 2:34:47 PM
awesomesauce13 posted...
Before I do go and get one, I just wanted to confirm a few things....so the physical games come on memory stick things. If I'm playing one of those, does my save data go onto the game's stick, or onto my main memory stick?

Also, what size memory stick will I need? Obviously I can upgrade/buy another one later, but how many games fit onto them? I don't have much of a wishlist of games at the moment but I'm sure more will come along.

Last question, what's the deal with cross-buy? Is there any point in having games on both my PS3 and my PSV? And does cross-buy apply to any game that is on both consoles, or only certain ones?

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

1. Depends on the game some have it on the cart some save on the Vita.

2. If your going 50 physical / 50 Digital: 8-16Gig (16 if you plan on getting PS+)
32 Gig only if you plan on playing a lot of the PSP & PS1 Library on top of the PS+.

3. Cross buy gets you the Vita version of the game for "Free" when you purchase the PS3 version. Games like All stars allow for cross play with PS3 players. I think Sly will have Cross save allowing you to transfer your save file on the PS3 to the Vita and vice versa.
#6Manilo_PunishPosted 1/31/2013 2:35:14 PM
Manilo_Punish posted...
3. Cross buy is cool, but all games support it. An example of a game that does is psabr, if you buy the ps3 version then you get the vita version for free.

I meant to say not all games support it.
---
The Punish.
#7awesomesauce13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:35:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8sebass12Posted 1/31/2013 2:36:29 PM
cross-buy also is pretty cool with playstation allstars battle royale because say you have a friend over your house and hes playing playstation allstars on the ps3 you can play it on ur vita and team up with him and play online together with 2 vs 2
#9awesomesauce13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:37:58 PM
Thanks for the info guys :)
#10RotuhiiriPosted 1/31/2013 2:40:10 PM
Some games save to the memory stick while others save to the game card. It really depends on which game but you definitely need a memory card.

If you plan on buying retail games digitally then 32 GB is really the only way to go. There is no fixed size but you should count on 2 GB per game with games getting bigger in the future. PSN Vita games, PS1 Classics, minis, PS Mobile and PSP games are generally smaller with RPGs usually being the biggest in size. I use an 8 GB card and I'm starting to feel it's becoming small with all apps, saves and digital-only games. I buy retail games physically though but I do buy many digital games too. You can back stuff up and redownloading things for free so you can get by on an 8 GB card but it will become a hassle for you eventually.

^Short version of that, the bigger the better with 8 GB being passable and 4GB useless.

Cross-buy applies to Sony first party game and certain PSN titles. It's completely up to the developer if they want to use cross-buy or charge separately for the games. I think it's pretty pointless personally but the idea of playing something on your console at home and then resuming where you left off on the bus is nice. It's not for me though.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane