I just thought of a brilliant Vita bundle idea that involves Atlus.

#31CaptainMoosePosted 1/31/2013 4:10:21 PM
DalekZero posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
Sorry, I love persona, but if you can't see how much better actual SMT games are you're a) blind or b) never played mainline SMT.

I love them for vastly different reasons. Persona is like an anime game to me, and SMT is that difficult, dark, dungeon crawling RPGs that i love. Neither is better. Both are great.

Except that SMT has so much more depth. All the religious and philosophical stuff in thise games is absolutely mindblowing.P3/4 has decent character development but they never break out of those stereotypical anime archetypes. they all have crazy overly dramatic reactions to everything. Christ even DS is more mature then persona is anymore. its sad really cuz the series could be so much better if they'd remember what made 1/2 so good and combine the two play styles.
#32CaptainMoosePosted 1/31/2013 4:12:49 PM
shampoowarrior posted...
And to prevent a SMT v Persona argument, I'll make a comment.

Why put Nocturne HD on a sub-HD system? Hey-o!

Why bother putting Noctune on vita?
It won't sell
And Ninty is where it's at where SMT is concerned anyway with IV being released, it's almost inevitable that the 3DS will get a Nocturne port/remake.
I'm telling you people the only SMt related thing Sony will get from here on out is persona, and who knows if that'll even stay exclusive.
#33DalekZeroPosted 1/31/2013 4:18:15 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
DalekZero posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
Sorry, I love persona, but if you can't see how much better actual SMT games are you're a) blind or b) never played mainline SMT.

I love them for vastly different reasons. Persona is like an anime game to me, and SMT is that difficult, dark, dungeon crawling RPGs that i love. Neither is better. Both are great.

Except that SMT has so much more depth. All the religious and philosophical stuff in thise games is absolutely mindblowing.P3/4 has decent character development but they never break out of those stereotypical anime archetypes. they all have crazy overly dramatic reactions to everything. Christ even DS is more mature then persona is anymore. its sad really cuz the series could be so much better if they'd remember what made 1/2 so good and combine the two play styles.

Ok, heres the thing. If it were just p3, 4, i would agree with you. But persona 2? Those 2 games (IS and EP) have more depth then nocturne. IMO. Even you admit that 1/2 are good. I mean, yeah, nocturne is deep in what it presents, but beyond a couple lines of dialogue, it never goes anywhere. Nocturne is a good game, for many reasons. But story and depth are not one of them.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#34CaptainMoosePosted 1/31/2013 4:20:02 PM
DalekZero posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
DalekZero posted...
CaptainMoose posted...

Ok, heres the thing. If it were just p3, 4, i would agree with you. But persona 2? Those 2 games (IS and EP) have more depth then nocturne. IMO. Even you admit that 1/2 are good. I mean, yeah, nocturne is deep in what it presents, but beyond a couple lines of dialogue, it never goes anywhere. Nocturne is a good game, for many reasons. But story and depth are not one of them.

That's why I said they should go back to what made P1/2 so good, and combine that with P3/4 style, and TAHT would be awesome!
#35DalekZeroPosted 1/31/2013 4:20:46 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
DalekZero posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
DalekZero posted...
CaptainMoose posted...

That's why I said they should go back to what made P1/2 so good, and combine that with P3/4 style, and TAHT would be awesome!

Persona 5?
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#36shampoowarriorPosted 1/31/2013 4:25:45 PM
The only thing about P1 that was better than P3 and 4 was the dungeons that weren't randomly generated snoozefests. The story was way worse, if you ask me.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#37Lelouch71Posted 1/31/2013 5:30:33 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
This bundle would include:

- Crystal White Wifi Vita
- 8gb Memory Card
- Physical copy of Persona 4 Golden Collector's Edition
- Download codes for Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 3 Portable
- Download code for Catherine for the PS3
- 3 Month Subscription to PS+

All for $250 USD

I think this would sell like hotcakes!

It wouldn't sell a whole lot but if it included Eternal Punishment download codes then I would get it since I already all those games listed. The PSP version of EP is the game I'm more interested in.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#38darkdragongirlPosted 1/31/2013 5:34:10 PM
And then you became Lady Shana.
---
Chespin 2013
Chespin me right round like a record
#39GhetsisPosted 1/31/2013 5:45:19 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
The Assassin's Creed bundle on Amazon was $180 that would cost approximately $350 separately. I thought it might be remotely possible... :-)

That was a one-day Black Friday deal...you should never use that as a grounds for MSRP.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#40KaiKun91Posted 1/31/2013 10:47:39 PM
The best never will ever happen Idea ever.