A PlayStation announcement coming on Feb. 20

#61FayeLadyPosted 1/31/2013 9:46:36 PM
I would hope its a new console and a redesigned Vita. But if it blocks used games, they can keep whatever they have to sell.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#62BelLugiaPosted 1/31/2013 9:47:32 PM
sony finally created a time machine
---
PSN chrysstronics
#63RagnawindPosted 1/31/2013 10:37:15 PM
It is most likely PS Vita related, especially since Kazuo Hiraii said Sony wasn't announcing the next Playstation untl AFTER Microsoft announced the next XBOX.
#64rickrolled6Posted 1/31/2013 10:39:00 PM
Ragnawind posted...
It is most likely PS Vita related, especially since Kazuo Hiraii said Sony wasn't announcing the next Playstation untl AFTER Microsoft announced the next XBOX.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't see the point in them announcing the PS4 yet. Better to give the Vita some attention before the PS4 hype train gets set into motion.
---
Person 1: Great minds think alike.
Person 2: If my mind is as great as yours then I'm screwed.
#65Starwars4JPosted 1/31/2013 10:42:11 PM
Cronosaber13 posted...
Morgueson posted...
No used games = no buy.

No matter if its Nintendo, Xbox or playstation or Atari or whatever... the consoles that will block used games will not be bought by me. If its everyone than I'll just quit console gaming, simple.

I agree, but... PC has no used games either. Just sayin

...the hell are you talking about son? The PC most certainly has used games.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#66RagnawindPosted 1/31/2013 10:50:35 PM
Cronosaber13 posted...
Morgueson posted...
No used games = no buy.

No matter if its Nintendo, Xbox or playstation or Atari or whatever... the consoles that will block used games will not be bought by me. If its everyone than I'll just quit console gaming, simple.

Only OLDER games, such as before 2008. Everything has gone to requiring a code activation to play a game, even single-player, unless you pirate it. Used PC games are non-existent for newer games from the pat 5 or so years.
#67Starwars4JPosted 1/31/2013 10:52:56 PM
Ragnawind posted...
Only OLDER games, such as before 2008. Everything has gone to requiring a code activation to play a game, even single-player, unless you pirate it. Used PC games are non-existent for newer games from the pat 5 or so years.

Please don't tell me you're under some assumption that Steam is the only way to play PC games. I will cry if you do.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#68Cronosaber13Posted 1/31/2013 10:53:05 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Cronosaber13 posted...
Morgueson posted...
No used games = no buy.

it used to kinda, but pretty much all new PC games have the serial code to enter which then locks it to an account (steam, origin, uplay, etc). plus I don't know one store that takes PC games for trade in
#69mrivera889Posted 1/31/2013 10:54:00 PM(edited)
kingofall214 posted...
If it is ps4 then expect a wii u price drop and an ambassador program if it's $350

I really don't think Nintendo's investors would like that.

It didn't stop them from doing it to the 3DS....and I was a day 1 adopter.....it felt like Nintendo decided to give me a quick jab to gut for being supportive to the new handheld.
---
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]
#70ikaruga0101Posted 1/31/2013 11:01:22 PM
Ragnawind posted...

People say lots of things, CEOs in particular are well know for saying crap and then going back on their word. It's pretty obvious its the PS4. The Vita and the PS3 were announced in very similar fashion.

They might, however, do something for the vita too, after all, strong connectivity between the PS4 and the Vita are expected. For anyone planning on buying a Vita, I'd recommend waiting until after 2/20. I won't be surprised if they announce a price drop for the vita, it's about damn ****ing time. I think they might even announce a slim version.

Personally, I hope they enhance the Steam connectivity while also bringing back Linux support with PS Mobile support for it. After the mess that both the PS3, Xbox and Wii were(PS3 ending up being the best overall, but still not good enough), I pretty much became a PC gamer last gen and decided not to buy a home console ever again. Even though the chances for both these things happening are smaller than the Planck length, I'd buy a PS4 in a heartbeat.