the vita needs a sandbox game

#31ColorlessMagePosted 1/31/2013 11:13:56 PM
GTA+Open world RPG=dream come true

I agree we need a sandbox/open world game that isn't a rushed cashgrab.
#32kingofall214Posted 1/31/2013 11:16:33 PM
If anything GTA would be sandbox as it is closed off like a sandbox where as minecraft is truly open world because you can travel infinitely because the world keeps generating as you walk.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#33Wiiplayer111Posted 1/31/2013 11:18:12 PM
Agreed. I was actually surprised Gravity Rush was open world when I played it. I just wish there was more to do in that world. Gravity Rush 2 eh?
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#34j2zon2591Posted 1/31/2013 11:52:48 PM
Well, GTA would be great and a full blown Fallout/Elder Scrolls would be sex!
#35citroEnPosted 2/1/2013 12:38:46 AM
LBP? haven't played it though
#36mjnoir1Posted 2/1/2013 12:51:28 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I would love to see Second Life come to the Vita, that game is soooo addictive!

ppl need to stop calling SL a game. its a virtual chat.
#37blakbird13Posted 2/1/2013 1:05:10 AM
citroEn posted...
LBP? haven't played it though

That's what I was thinking... You start with a room, tools, and some materials and go from there... Oh and a little guy made from sack with a ton of costumes to pick from...Can't get much more sandboxee than that...
#38reigin383Posted 2/1/2013 1:13:15 AM
If they made a Fallout or Elder Scrolls for Vita I'd be MIA for awhile :p
---
I'm not a fiend, just persistent in my being
#39kingofall214Posted 2/1/2013 1:14:07 AM
reigin383 posted...
If they made a Fallout or Elder Scrolls for Vita I'd be MIA for awhile :p

Indeed an Elder Scrolls game would make me very happy. I never cared for fallout.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#40mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:16:17 AM
co1onel posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
co1onel posted...
Open-world =/= sandbox

Seems people in this topic don't understand this.

Google "gta 3 sandbox"

Or look up "open world" on Wikipedia. They're one in the same, friend. Now, enough of this petty bickering.

Ya lets all use Wikipedia as a source, but if you're going to use Wikipedia you should see this quote taken directly from Wikipedia: "An "open world" game does not necessarily imply a sandbox. In a true "sandbox," the player has tools"

I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game. Open world and sandbox are not the same though.

Do you come here to argue? Jesus. And here's the opening description- The term "free roam" is also used, as is "sandbox" and "free-roaming".

Seriously, I'm not going to split hairs all day. I've been gaming since the 80s. Gta3 came out and it was ALWAYS referred to as a sanbox game.

Here's why-you have an open setting with the freedom to play in a non linear way. When I was a kid I would bring my action figures to the sandox to play in. And guess what? I didn't build castles with tools. I played in the damn dirt, any way I saw fit. Gta is a sandbox game it has been called one for over ten years. It's about non linear gameplay in an open world where the player uses his/her imagination to have fun in their own way without being directly guided by the game.

I get that since minecraft came out people want to change the meaning to something more specific, but if gta was a sandbox game when it came(which ever gamer/magazine/and website called it) out back then, then its still one now. Thanks for your time, now get your smug ass out of here Mister Holier than Thou. I swear some of you guys just like to argue and argue and argue about the most petty things.
---
I love video games : )