the vita needs a sandbox game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. the vita needs a sandbox game

User Info: ColorlessMage

ColorlessMage
3 years ago#31
GTA+Open world RPG=dream come true

I agree we need a sandbox/open world game that isn't a rushed cashgrab.

User Info: kingofall214

kingofall214
3 years ago#32
If anything GTA would be sandbox as it is closed off like a sandbox where as minecraft is truly open world because you can travel infinitely because the world keeps generating as you walk.
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214

User Info: Wiiplayer111

Wiiplayer111
3 years ago#33
Agreed. I was actually surprised Gravity Rush was open world when I played it. I just wish there was more to do in that world. Gravity Rush 2 eh?
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com

User Info: j2zon2591

j2zon2591
3 years ago#34
Well, GTA would be great and a full blown Fallout/Elder Scrolls would be sex!

User Info: citroEn

citroEn
3 years ago#35
LBP? haven't played it though

User Info: mjnoir1

mjnoir1
3 years ago#36
Lord_Vishana posted...
I would love to see Second Life come to the Vita, that game is soooo addictive!

ppl need to stop calling SL a game. its a virtual chat.

User Info: blakbird13

blakbird13
3 years ago#37
citroEn posted...
LBP? haven't played it though

That's what I was thinking... You start with a room, tools, and some materials and go from there... Oh and a little guy made from sack with a ton of costumes to pick from...Can't get much more sandboxee than that...

User Info: reigin383

reigin383
3 years ago#38
If they made a Fallout or Elder Scrolls for Vita I'd be MIA for awhile :p
I'm not a fiend, just persistent in my being

User Info: kingofall214

kingofall214
3 years ago#39
reigin383 posted...
If they made a Fallout or Elder Scrolls for Vita I'd be MIA for awhile :p

Indeed an Elder Scrolls game would make me very happy. I never cared for fallout.
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
3 years ago#40
co1onel posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
co1onel posted...
Open-world =/= sandbox

Seems people in this topic don't understand this.

Google "gta 3 sandbox"

Or look up "open world" on Wikipedia. They're one in the same, friend. Now, enough of this petty bickering.

Ya lets all use Wikipedia as a source, but if you're going to use Wikipedia you should see this quote taken directly from Wikipedia: "An "open world" game does not necessarily imply a sandbox. In a true "sandbox," the player has tools"

I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game. Open world and sandbox are not the same though.

Do you come here to argue? Jesus. And here's the opening description- The term "free roam" is also used, as is "sandbox" and "free-roaming".

Seriously, I'm not going to split hairs all day. I've been gaming since the 80s. Gta3 came out and it was ALWAYS referred to as a sanbox game.

Here's why-you have an open setting with the freedom to play in a non linear way. When I was a kid I would bring my action figures to the sandox to play in. And guess what? I didn't build castles with tools. I played in the damn dirt, any way I saw fit. Gta is a sandbox game it has been called one for over ten years. It's about non linear gameplay in an open world where the player uses his/her imagination to have fun in their own way without being directly guided by the game.

I get that since minecraft came out people want to change the meaning to something more specific, but if gta was a sandbox game when it came(which ever gamer/magazine/and website called it) out back then, then its still one now. Thanks for your time, now get your smug ass out of here Mister Holier than Thou. I swear some of you guys just like to argue and argue and argue about the most petty things.
I love video games : )
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. the vita needs a sandbox game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived