2. PlayStation Vita
  3. the vita needs a sandbox game
3 years ago#41
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
co1onel posted...
co1onel posted...
Open-world =/= sandbox

Seems people in this topic don't understand this.

Google "gta 3 sandbox"

Or look up "open world" on Wikipedia. They're one in the same, friend. Now, enough of this petty bickering.

Ya lets all use Wikipedia as a source, but if you're going to use Wikipedia you should see this quote taken directly from Wikipedia: "An "open world" game does not necessarily imply a sandbox. In a true "sandbox," the player has tools"

I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game. Open world and sandbox are not the same though.

Do you come here to argue? Jesus. And here's the opening description- The term "free roam" is also used, as is "sandbox" and "free-roaming".

Seriously, I'm not going to split hairs all day. I've been gaming since the 80s. Gta3 came out and it was ALWAYS referred to as a sanbox game.

Here's why-you have an open setting with the freedom to play in a non linear way. When I was a kid I would bring my action figures to the sandox to play in. And guess what? I didn't build castles with tools. I played in the damn dirt, any way I saw fit. Gta is a sandbox game it has been called one for over ten years. It's about non linear gameplay in an open world where the player uses his/her imagination to have fun in their own way without being directly guided by the game.

I get that since minecraft came out people want to change the meaning to something more specific, but if gta was a sandbox game when it came(which ever gamer/magazine/and website called it) out back then, then its still one now. Thanks for your time, now get your smug ass out of here Mister Holier than Thou. I swear some of you guys just like to argue and argue and argue about the most petty things.

^Thus is Gamefaqs. I think of it as a toilet bowl which never gets flushed.
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
3 years ago#42
i dont get why they cant make the various HD collections for the Vita.... I know GOW and ico collections are playable via remote play.... but is it that hard to port jak and dexter collection or sly collection to the vita.... I would have bought both for vita.... but I ended up getting jak and dexter for PS3 (since it was only $15)
3 years ago#43
smelly_boob posted...
i dont get why they cant make the various HD collections for the Vita.... I know GOW and ico collections are playable via remote play.... but is it that hard to port jak and dexter collection or sly collection to the vita.... I would have bought both for vita.... but I ended up getting jak and dexter for PS3 (since it was only $15)

Given the nature of the HD collections (the ones owned by Sony, at least.) There's no reason they AREN'T on the Vita other than pure laziness.
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
3 years ago#44
co1onel posted...
co1onel posted...
Open-world =/= sandbox

Seems people in this topic don't understand this.

Google "gta 3 sandbox"

Or look up "open world" on Wikipedia. They're one in the same, friend. Now, enough of this petty bickering.

Ya lets all use Wikipedia as a source, but if you're going to use Wikipedia you should see this quote taken directly from Wikipedia: "An "open world" game does not necessarily imply a sandbox. In a true "sandbox," the player has tools"

I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game. Open world and sandbox are not the same though.

Do you come here to argue? Jesus. And here's the opening description- The term "free roam" is also used, as is "sandbox" and "free-roaming".

Seriously, I'm not going to split hairs all day. I've been gaming since the 80s. Gta3 came out and it was ALWAYS referred to as a sanbox game.

Here's why-you have an open setting with the freedom to play in a non linear way. When I was a kid I would bring my action figures to the sandox to play in. And guess what? I didn't build castles with tools. I played in the damn dirt, any way I saw fit. Gta is a sandbox game it has been called one for over ten years. It's about non linear gameplay in an open world where the player uses his/her imagination to have fun in their own way without being directly guided by the game.

I get that since minecraft came out people want to change the meaning to something more specific, but if gta was a sandbox game when it came(which ever gamer/magazine/and website called it) out back then, then its still one now. Thanks for your time, now get your smug ass out of here Mister Holier than Thou. I swear some of you guys just like to argue and argue and argue about the most petty things.

Did I come here to argue? No, but its clear that's all you want to do. Maybe I should quote the EXACT wordings I used before that you somehow completely ignored: "I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game." So stop throwing a fit over GTA.

Minecraft has nothing to do with the definition of a sandbox game. The problem here is that games like Need for Speed and Gravity Rush are not sandbox games.
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. the vita needs a sandbox game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived