the vita needs a sandbox game

#41JP_SartrePosted 2/1/2013 4:29:41 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
co1onel posted...
co1onel posted...
Open-world =/= sandbox

Seems people in this topic don't understand this.

Google "gta 3 sandbox"

Or look up "open world" on Wikipedia. They're one in the same, friend. Now, enough of this petty bickering.

Ya lets all use Wikipedia as a source, but if you're going to use Wikipedia you should see this quote taken directly from Wikipedia: "An "open world" game does not necessarily imply a sandbox. In a true "sandbox," the player has tools"

I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game. Open world and sandbox are not the same though.

Do you come here to argue? Jesus. And here's the opening description- The term "free roam" is also used, as is "sandbox" and "free-roaming".

Seriously, I'm not going to split hairs all day. I've been gaming since the 80s. Gta3 came out and it was ALWAYS referred to as a sanbox game.

Here's why-you have an open setting with the freedom to play in a non linear way. When I was a kid I would bring my action figures to the sandox to play in. And guess what? I didn't build castles with tools. I played in the damn dirt, any way I saw fit. Gta is a sandbox game it has been called one for over ten years. It's about non linear gameplay in an open world where the player uses his/her imagination to have fun in their own way without being directly guided by the game.

I get that since minecraft came out people want to change the meaning to something more specific, but if gta was a sandbox game when it came(which ever gamer/magazine/and website called it) out back then, then its still one now. Thanks for your time, now get your smug ass out of here Mister Holier than Thou. I swear some of you guys just like to argue and argue and argue about the most petty things.

^Thus is Gamefaqs. I think of it as a toilet bowl which never gets flushed.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#42smelly_boobPosted 2/1/2013 11:47:00 AM
i dont get why they cant make the various HD collections for the Vita.... I know GOW and ico collections are playable via remote play.... but is it that hard to port jak and dexter collection or sly collection to the vita.... I would have bought both for vita.... but I ended up getting jak and dexter for PS3 (since it was only $15)
#43KenauePosted 2/1/2013 12:00:34 PM
smelly_boob posted...
i dont get why they cant make the various HD collections for the Vita.... I know GOW and ico collections are playable via remote play.... but is it that hard to port jak and dexter collection or sly collection to the vita.... I would have bought both for vita.... but I ended up getting jak and dexter for PS3 (since it was only $15)

Given the nature of the HD collections (the ones owned by Sony, at least.) There's no reason they AREN'T on the Vita other than pure laziness.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#44co1onelPosted 2/2/2013 1:21:41 AM
co1onel posted...
co1onel posted...
Open-world =/= sandbox

Seems people in this topic don't understand this.

Google "gta 3 sandbox"

Or look up "open world" on Wikipedia. They're one in the same, friend. Now, enough of this petty bickering.

Ya lets all use Wikipedia as a source, but if you're going to use Wikipedia you should see this quote taken directly from Wikipedia: "An "open world" game does not necessarily imply a sandbox. In a true "sandbox," the player has tools"

I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game. Open world and sandbox are not the same though.

Do you come here to argue? Jesus. And here's the opening description- The term "free roam" is also used, as is "sandbox" and "free-roaming".

Seriously, I'm not going to split hairs all day. I've been gaming since the 80s. Gta3 came out and it was ALWAYS referred to as a sanbox game.

Here's why-you have an open setting with the freedom to play in a non linear way. When I was a kid I would bring my action figures to the sandox to play in. And guess what? I didn't build castles with tools. I played in the damn dirt, any way I saw fit. Gta is a sandbox game it has been called one for over ten years. It's about non linear gameplay in an open world where the player uses his/her imagination to have fun in their own way without being directly guided by the game.

I get that since minecraft came out people want to change the meaning to something more specific, but if gta was a sandbox game when it came(which ever gamer/magazine/and website called it) out back then, then its still one now. Thanks for your time, now get your smug ass out of here Mister Holier than Thou. I swear some of you guys just like to argue and argue and argue about the most petty things.

Did I come here to argue? No, but its clear that's all you want to do. Maybe I should quote the EXACT wordings I used before that you somehow completely ignored: "I for one did not say GTA is not a sand box game." So stop throwing a fit over GTA.

Minecraft has nothing to do with the definition of a sandbox game. The problem here is that games like Need for Speed and Gravity Rush are not sandbox games.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif