I just want to clear some things up about Insomniac/Ratchet and Clank

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 1/31/2013 7:08:53 PM
I've seen so many people say the R&C series is dead and is pretty much disregarding it after the release of these past 2 games (All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault). I've also heard people say that A4O wasn't as good as the others because it was made by Insomniac's North Carolina studio. Actually, lets start with that.

Insomniac's NC studio is made up of largely the same people who already worked in the Burbank studio. So that's not really the reason A4O wasn't up to par. People don't seem to understand that A4O was not supposed to be a standard R&C game. I can't tell you how many people bought it, expecting another Crack in Time. Insomniac said that they just wanted to try out some new things for a bit. They made about 5 or 6 standard R&C games, now they are taking a little break from that, and people give them way to hard of a time for it.

Now with the latest title. Full Frontal Assault was a game made for the fans. In now way was it a "full" game. It was a mini adventure to help celebrate the series 10th anniversary. It got slammed in the reviews because people, again, expected another A Crack in Time. I'm not trying to say thats the only reason it got whatever ratings, but that is definitely part of the reason and I can tell but what they say in the reviews.

IMO, the Story mode in that game is decent and gets repetitive at times but the multiplayer is awesome. If you actually take time in figuring out how to play it, then its a blast. I didn't even like it the first couple of matches I played, but once I got the hang of things, it was great. I mean its only a $20 game. It was definitely worth it.

Its saddening to see so many people disregard the franchise just because of these last two games. People really think they will never make an aCiT like game ever again...

I wouldn't say Insomniac's R&C skill is declining until they make a R&C game that is supposed to be a main title, and screws it up really badly lol.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#2stargazer64Posted 1/31/2013 7:11:12 PM
Care to clear up the mess surrounding the Vita port of FFA while you're at it?
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#3IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:14:41 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Care to clear up the mess surrounding the Vita port of FFA while you're at it?

No Idea lol.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
#4IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:31:16 PM
Bump
---
#5FKRW4LifePosted 2/1/2013 3:40:46 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Bump

Why are you bumping a topic that is only about the ps3 version?

Most of the hate yowards the game is caused by the fact that it was promised and now is indefinitely put on hold.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#6IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:57:11 PM
FKRW4Life posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Bump

Most of the hate yowards the game is caused by the fact that it was promised and now is indefinitely put on hold.

I'm just informing. I haven't even seen talk on the whole Vita delay debacle here.
---
#7co1onelPosted 2/1/2013 4:16:53 PM(edited)
IcyFlamez96 posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Bump

I'm just informing. I haven't even seen talk on the whole Vita delay debacle here.

People here just wanna know what the heck is up with tin giant, and there's been several topics on it too.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#8KenauePosted 2/1/2013 4:39:57 PM
More specifically, we want to know if Sony is even doing a port at this point...the lack of info is astounding...I've loved every Ratchet game I've ever played, so I jumped at the chance to play one, even a side story, on the Vita. The main series will live on, I think they're just building some ideas.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#9IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:07:39 PM
co1onel posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Bump

People here just wanna know what the heck is up with tin giant, and there's been several topics on it too.

I don't know what's going on with that lol. And I don't I haven't seen the topics about it :p
---
#10IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:09:52 PM
Kenaue posted...
More specifically, we want to know if Sony is even doing a port at this point...the lack of info is astounding...I've loved every Ratchet game I've ever played, so I jumped at the chance to play one, even a side story, on the Vita. The main series will live on, I think they're just building some ideas.

Yeah that's what I was saying, they were taking a break from the main stuff for a bit to experiment on new ideas. People are giving them way too hard a time for it.
---