so year after release, how is Vita upholding?

#11Tzuba12Posted 2/1/2013 7:34:04 AM
Jobocan posted...
Well the Wii U (which, if you believe the idiot trolls on the Wii U board, is the biggest failure in the history of ever) basically equaled the Vita's sales in a bit over 2 months. So sales-wise it's really not doing good at all..

On my side however I'm having fun with it, even if it's not getting many worthwhile exclusives (and I really hope this changes up soon enough). Right now my Vita is used mostly for Mahjong (real mahjong, not that crap your mom plays where you make pairs of tiles in random piles), but before that I played a lot of Sonic Kart 2 and Persona 4 (before those there was a big gap where I didn't play much after finishing Gravity Rush... but the same thing happened with the 3DS' first year so whatever).
I think it's a badass console and it really just needs more exclusives games.

Lol damn, nobody even mentioned the WiiU or Nintendo at all, yet you had to start with "well the WiiU is doing worse" just to make it seem like the Vita isn't doing so bad.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#12Biezulbub669Posted 2/1/2013 7:45:13 AM
All you need is Soul Sacrifice and Killzone Mercenaries this year. That's all I'm buying for my Vita this year LOL unless something else awesome comes out.
---
PSN - BiezulbubBill69
http://www.youtube.com/user/biezulbub669
#13blunderminePosted 2/1/2013 7:55:01 AM
I'd give year 1's overall performance a 3/10.

7/10 for games volume, 5/10 for game quality, and 1/10 for sales performance.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#14JobocanPosted 2/1/2013 8:01:33 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Jobocan posted...
Well the Wii U (which, if you believe the idiot trolls on the Wii U board, is the biggest failure in the history of ever) basically equaled the Vita's sales in a bit over 2 months. So sales-wise it's really not doing good at all..

On my side however I'm having fun with it, even if it's not getting many worthwhile exclusives (and I really hope this changes up soon enough). Right now my Vita is used mostly for Mahjong (real mahjong, not that crap your mom plays where you make pairs of tiles in random piles), but before that I played a lot of Sonic Kart 2 and Persona 4 (before those there was a big gap where I didn't play much after finishing Gravity Rush... but the same thing happened with the 3DS' first year so whatever).

Lol damn, nobody even mentioned the WiiU or Nintendo at all, yet you had to start with "well the WiiU is doing worse" just to make it seem like the Vita isn't doing so bad.

You might need to re-read my post pal. I was mocking the trolls saying the Wii U is doing bad. TC asked how the Vita was doing, and I gave some perspective to say that, sales-wise it's not doing good, and then I gave my own opinion on the system (which, if you took the time to read, is actually positive).

Derp
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#15peacefulchaosPosted 2/1/2013 8:04:42 AM
It's weird, I have a lot of Vita games, but I don't really feel like playing most of them. Lately I've gone back to Popolocrois on my psp and shining souls on my gba. I think part of my lack of incentive was losing my Gravity Rush and Dokoro files with both of them being about halfway complete.

I like the idea of the Vita, I just wish there were more titles released on it. I keep going back and forth, for instance, trying to and trying not to convince myself to buy Resistance. It was very meh for me from the demo, but I like the idea of a portable shooter with solid controls.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying the abundance of raid style games like Lord of Apocalypse and Ragnarok Odyssey, and I'm still having a blast tooling around with Book of Memories.
---
Now playing: Zero Escape (Vita), Book of Memories (Vita), Kingdom Hearts: DDD (3DS), Persona 3(PSP)
Eagerly awaiting: Ragnarok Odyssey,Liberation
#16shampoowarriorPosted 2/1/2013 8:11:52 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Jobocan posted...

Lol damn, you didn't even finish the first sentence.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#17FlipManV3Posted 2/1/2013 8:26:32 AM
Worse than release or "release period", IMO.
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#18xfactorPosted 2/1/2013 10:10:35 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
Still "meh".

Sales figure aren't stellar..

A few niche titles here and there.

SS for April

TearAway looks boring

KZM for Sept with only 4v4 MP.

Still waiting for better announcements on Feb. 20. 25-28.. and E3.

This. Come back next year and ask again, this year isn't looking any hotter than last year.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6