I think Monster Hunter is being overrated as a game here.

#31dancer62Posted 2/1/2013 10:15:55 PM
Nnamz posted...
Milked and overrated are two different things. Sure the series has been milked to death in the last few years, but it's still an excellent series. I'm looking forward to MH3U on 3DS next month.

This. And I'm still pssd about Sony blockiing the localization of MHP3rd and making me import and patch it.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#32psoRangerPosted 2/2/2013 10:54:26 AM
it may be overdone far east but this side of the pond we're lucky if we get one. i'll gladly pay for any mainstream monster hunter title that comes this way.
---
1-29-01 Phantasy Star Online
#33HalecticPosted 2/2/2013 12:18:47 PM
MH is as overrates as P4G is, they are both Overrated but they are still good
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#34ffxauronmagusctPosted 2/2/2013 1:22:33 PM
I don't like Monster Hunter at all, so I totally agree.
---
Not changing my sig 'til Yoshi Tatsu wins a title or is released. Started 2/26/10
#35darkphiresagePosted 2/2/2013 2:46:08 PM(edited)
i think it's moving along at a nice pace. since ps2, they've added a s***ton of monsters, (at least a few new ones every generation along with color swaps), longbow, gunlance, hunting horn, (i guess medium bowguns if you count them), longsword and switch axe. a bunch of armors. occasionally played around with mechanics. (new gunlance combo in p3rd, along with bow specialty. i particularly loved lance counter and shield dash in tri, it's my main weapon throughout the series.) npc distractions, your farm, decorations and slots. swimming.

now we're gonna have jumping (falling really) attacks, heavy platforming, monster riding, bug staff and weird axeswordhammer thingie. (don't really care for most of that, but it's there and new.) to say that they don't really try new things with the series isn't really fair. the only problem i have with it, is holding out weapons that have already been released in previous entries for their "g" versions...but capcom will be capcom.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#36zandm7Posted 2/2/2013 2:58:02 PM
While I don't think MH is overrated as a game (in fact, I generally find it to be underappreciated among my peers), I agree with you, TC, that people seem to overestimate its ability to "save" the Vita in Japan. The Vita needs more than just MH to gain long term viability in its home market.

That said, I absolutely love MH :D Gimme gimme gimme.
---
Playing - Too much. But mostly Vita, PS3, and PC games.
PSN: zandm7
#37Odette8Posted 2/2/2013 3:07:23 PM
someone is butthurt because nintendo bought monster hunter..