Is Soul Sacrifice going to be closer to Darksiders or Bayonetta?

#11stargazer64Posted 2/1/2013 9:04:17 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
FierceJello posted...
It's another Monster Hunter ripoff like God Eater.

Actually. its far superior to Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter is slow-paced and very shallow.

And the lulz keep right on comin'
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#12OtakuGameraPosted 2/1/2013 9:04:21 AM
have you played the demo MetalZoic?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#13PiersKunPosted 2/1/2013 9:04:35 AM
MetalZoic posted...
PiersKun posted...

On the other hand, I kinda wish they'd actually take a tip from MH where exploring the map and actually LOOKING for the monster you need to hunt is more entertaining, lol.

I think that's why it doesn't look very appealing to me. It looks like they just drop you in a closed off room with some monsters and you kill them. No exploration or adventure type aspect at all.

Yeah, it seems to be like that. Haven't played it yet, though. To be fair, I don't "mind" it, but I do prefer the way MH handles this kind of thing. PSO did it really well too, although it was more of a kill everything as opposed to kill something specific, haha.

Still, the combat in Soul Sacrifice did surprise me. I watched a few videos of the demo, and especially against the Harpy boss things got pretty damn exciting. Guy playing had a ton of different skills, from putting up some sort of rock shield around him to some really fast sword slash. The customization of your "magics" seems to be pretty extensive, so I think I can get behind that, as well.

And... well, even being dropped on a room to kill stuff can be fun if you got friends with ya. So I'm somewhat excited for it all the same, haha.
---
https://twitter.com/burucchi - My Twitter account, also known as the place where I blog about videogames and anime.
#14blundermine(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:07:08 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

No I haven't.

Thanks for the responses though everyone.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#15FierceJelloPosted 2/1/2013 9:16:00 AM(edited)
Air_Gear_ posted...
FierceJello posted...

Actually. its far superior to Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter is slow-paced and very shallow.

It's methodical for sure and your moveset is small but it's very skill-based if you don't fight below your weight class as it were. Far more so than say God of War.

Soul Sacrifice's weakness (aside from being creatively bankrupt) is that it strips away most of the adventure elements from the Monster Hunter formula and what remains feels very stripped down as a result. I don't expect it score well at all. But beggars can't be choosers, so what can you do?
#16MetalZoicPosted 2/1/2013 9:29:18 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

No I haven't, that's just my impression of it from watching many gameplay videos, but the more I see of it the less interested in it I become.
#17EJ226Posted 2/1/2013 11:15:02 AM
If the game turns out to have gameplay like PSO, I will be extremely excited. The slower pace of monster hunter kinda turned me off but i like the concept of the game and hunting items. Granted PSO isn't flashy fast, it still feels faster pace then MH.
---
PSN- EJ0226
#18CrystalKing5426Posted 2/1/2013 11:16:50 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
FierceJello posted...

Will Spiritdog ever run out of stupid?
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#19CrystalKing5426Posted 2/1/2013 11:17:56 AM
BTW, can anyone link to the topic that Spiritdog was so humiliated by that he ditched his old account?
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#20Tempest717Posted 2/1/2013 11:24:19 AM
MH is slow-paced now? Clearly someone's never fought a raging Diablos or Tigrex.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF