For those who bash Soul Sacrifice without checking it

#1Dust91Posted 2/1/2013 9:40:18 AM
Here's a channel dedicated to SS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SoulSacrificeChannel/videos?view=0

I understand the need to downplay it because it's the closest thing to Monster Hunter right now, but it wouldn't hurt if you actually watched some footage from the demo in order to make up a better opinion about it.

Thanks.
#2salim118118Posted 2/1/2013 9:43:51 AM
I have played the demo, and it isn't really like monster hunter ( other than hunting monster obviously). The gameplay is way different and it is definately harder than monster hunter.
---
PSN ID-TheSALIMINATOR
Ps Vita games- everybody's golf, MGS HD Collection,LBP,NFS:MW, Virtua Tennis 4:World Tour Edition
#3NerdstickPosted 2/1/2013 9:45:58 AM
I both dislike and like the skill-swap gameplay, you can interchange any of your 6 skills at any time. I dislike it because they break constantly!

Does anybody know what the actual result is for Rescues/Sacrifices? I've heard that it's a DEF/ATK thing, in another write-up I'd read that only rescuing would make the game impossibly difficult, in another that rescuing makes them allies..
#4Dust91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:46:22 AM
salim118118 posted...
I have played the demo, and it isn't really like monster hunter ( other than hunting monster obviously). The gameplay is way different and it is definately harder than monster hunter.

That's what I'm talking about. If you try the demo you immediately realize they are completely different monsters (no pun intended). Guess I'm asking too much for random people on a forum?
#5darkphiresagePosted 2/1/2013 10:11:05 AM
Nerdstick posted...
I both dislike and like the skill-swap gameplay, you can interchange any of your 6 skills at any time. I dislike it because they break constantly!

Does anybody know what the actual result is for Rescues/Sacrifices? I've heard that it's a DEF/ATK thing, in another write-up I'd read that only rescuing would make the game impossibly difficult, in another that rescuing makes them allies..

sacrificing something raises your atk and replenishes some of your spells. (keeps them from breaking) saving something raises your defense and replenishes some of your health.

you can make your spells more powerful and get more uses out of them by combining them with copies. you can also replenish their uses by finding spots in the environment to siphon magic from. some of these spots even give you a new spell, tho i dunno if you get to keep it once the mission is over.

tldr: if you go into a stage and just spam spells without knowledge of the game mechanics, you will indeed constantly break them.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#6Limp_sugarPosted 2/1/2013 10:31:40 AM
I haven't played the demo but the game looks very good. If you are interested in the game the channel TC posted is a good one.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#7NerdstickPosted 2/1/2013 10:37:49 AM
darkphiresage posted...

sacrificing something raises your atk and replenishes some of your spells. (keeps them from breaking) saving something raises your defense and replenishes some of your health.

you can make your spells more powerful and get more uses out of them by combining them with copies. you can also replenish their uses by finding spots in the environment to siphon magic from. some of these spots even give you a new spell, tho i dunno if you get to keep it once the mission is over.

tldr: if you go into a stage and just spam spells without knowledge of the game mechanics, you will indeed constantly break them.

That would explain it! I'd been going 100% Rescue.
#8KogaSteelfangPosted 2/1/2013 10:43:54 AM
Have people been bashing it? Aside from the obvious trolling, I don't think I've seen any honest hate for it.

I'm personally not excited for it, it doesn't seem like a game I'd enjoy much, but I wouldn't classify it as hate or bashing. I'm seriously considering giving it a try.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#9naitik_nellyPosted 2/1/2013 12:13:57 PM
Hell yeahhh this game is
AWESOOOOME