should i get Final Fantasy 8 or 6 ??

#1Deademon65Posted 2/1/2013 11:35:38 AM
I got ff9 and I am loving it and I am thinking about getting another one which of these two should i get ??
#2daegenPosted 2/1/2013 11:50:22 AM
For me, 6 is one of the best in the series. 8 was only meh. 6 has a great cast of characters and an interesting story that makes a lot more sense than 8.
---
I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. But for now, rest well and dream of large women. - Dread Pirate Wesley
PSN: Malvoz
#3Spiffy247Posted 2/1/2013 11:56:28 AM
I'm playing through FF8 for the first time. I think FF6 is far better.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#4GhetsisPosted 2/1/2013 12:01:02 PM
Get VIII since it's not a crappy port.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#5Lord_VishanaPosted 2/1/2013 12:02:41 PM
Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite in the series so I'm kinda biased towards it. It's extremely polarizing, you either love it or hate it.

Final Fantasy VI is great, unfortunately the PSN version has numerous issues with load times and even occasionally crashing. If you have a GBAor a DS with a GBA slot, get the GBA version of it. It's perfect and has additional content.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#6Deademon65(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:08:29 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite in the series so I'm kinda biased towards it. It's extremely polarizing, you either love it or hate it.

Final Fantasy VI is great, unfortunately the PSN version has numerous issues with load times and even occasionally crashing. If you have a GBAor a DS with a GBA slot, get the GBA version of it. It's perfect and has additional content.

Wait Final Fantasy 6 is available on Gba ???? Are you sure if that is true then its settled i am getting Final Fantasy VIII for the vita
#7Lord_VishanaPosted 2/1/2013 12:11:45 PM
Deademon65 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

Wait Final Fantasy 6 is available on Gba ???? Are you sure if that is true then its settled i am getting Final Fantasy VIII for the vita

Yeppers I'm positive, I have it. There's also a GBA version of Final Fantasy V that has extra classes and a bonus dungeon. The PSN version doesn't have those unfortunately.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#8GhetsisPosted 2/1/2013 12:15:03 PM
Deademon65 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

Yeah. GBA has IV, V, and VI. As well as a crappy remake of I & II. I think that's all the FF ports/remakes on GBA.

They all have extra stuff, too.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9SCCAN85Posted 2/1/2013 12:15:51 PM
FFVIII is way better imo, but like someone mentioned there seems to be a strong love or hate opinion on the game.

6 is way overrated but still a quality game. If you liked 9 a lot you'll probably enjoy 6 more.
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more
#10Deademon65(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:29:27 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Deademon65 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

Yeppers I'm positive, I have it. There's also a GBA version of Final Fantasy V that has extra classes and a bonus dungeon. The PSN version doesn't have those unfortunately.

Thanks for the information and yea i did play final fantasy v on the gba the story was awesome