should i get Final Fantasy 8 or 6 ??

#41djmaster1994Posted 2/4/2013 1:32:10 PM
epy0nkaru posted...
shadownet_46 posted...
Better in terms of story: 8

NOPE. Love story done wrong in every way does not make for a good story
Better in terms of characters: 8

the mere fact that squall is the "deepest" character in the game tells you how weak the entire game is
Better in terms of gameplay: 8

but they're exactly the same! in fact ff6 has a better more refined attacks and level up system that ff8 (then again, considering how broken ff8's gameplay is, that's not saying much)

so you are implying
FF8 Junction System is broken let me guess you just suck using
Draw and Junction System.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#42GenocideHeartPosted 2/4/2013 1:56:57 PM(edited)
djmaster1994 posted...
epy0nkaru posted...
shadownet_46 posted...
Better in terms of story: 8

NOPE. Love story done wrong in every way does not make for a good story
Better in terms of characters: 8

the mere fact that squall is the "deepest" character in the game tells you how weak the entire game is
Better in terms of gameplay: 8

but they're exactly the same! in fact ff6 has a better more refined attacks and level up system that ff8 (then again, considering how broken ff8's gameplay is, that's not saying much)

so you are implying

Sucking at using it actually makes the game somewhat challenging. Actually knowing how to use it breaks the game in half like a twig and it never recovers. You can't call a system that lets you have 7k HP and enough attack to oneshot everything for a good 40 hours within the first 3 hours of the first disc 'not broken'.

Then again, I'm sure people who like easymode RPGs that spoonfeed victory to them greatly enjoy that. For people who actually like a challenge, perhaps other games are needed...
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#43mk_spiritPosted 2/4/2013 2:01:16 PM

I know most people like it, but 8 is my least favorite in the entire series. I dislike everything about it, the combat, the magic, the characters, and the story.
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#44epy0nkaruPosted 2/5/2013 8:24:07 AM(edited)
djmaster1994 posted...
epy0nkaru posted...

so you are implying

that is exactly what i'm implying. the game is broken when
1) draw everything imaginable for an hour
2) refine everything imaginable for the next hour
3) play card gamed for third hour
4) refine cards for fourth hour
5) refine everything to highest level in fifth hour
hours 6-30) walk around and mash x. when progressing through story. Hold R2+L2 when fighting mooks. when in battle where story is important just hold the x button

and this is 5 hours into the game! you're barely a fourth of the way through disc one and you already have the best setup in the game! You're even encouraged to not use any magic whatsoever because that would weaken you, so all you do is attack attack attack, and why would you do anything else when you don't even have to worry about elemental damage because you can just equip a spell you're never going to use onto your weapon.

In every other FF game every single character you use is useful to an extent, but with the only thing differentiating characters in ff8 is limit breaks, the game actually makes the 3 females of the group super useless!

anyway, what i'm implying is that ff8 is a bad game, and everybody who suggested it should feel bad for even bringing it up

BahamutBBob posted...
epy0nkaru posted...

There's your problem. Don't grind levels in FF8. You still get stronger through the game as you unlock more junctions and draw better spells.

when i say "level up" i mean general character growth, which i reiterate ff6 has a better version. I've played ff8 a many times and i know exactly how to play the game, which i heavily detailed above
---
please forgive me, I'm typing this on my phone possibly and so i'm very typo prone
#45djmaster1994Posted 2/5/2013 1:37:09 PM
wrightreyesrock posted...
If you haven't played VII, I'd recommend that one over VI and VIII.

Out of VI and VIII though, I'd recommend VI

No FFVII must not be played first because one do.
Then it will be hard to accept the others.
Because that person will expect the others to be as good as FFVII.
Even though FFVII isn't all that.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!