Just some quick Killzone 2/3 vs Killzone Merc Comparison shots I whipped up

#1NnamzPosted 2/1/2013 3:45:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TfiJvdg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6QrFv0I.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6Ie9BdQ.jpg

If we're getting technical, Mercs does have a noticeably lower polygon count, and some lower quality textures. But it absolutely nailed the art style, the lighting, and the effects. It really holds up quite well considering the power difference between the Vita and the PS3, which really is a testament to how well GG uses their systems.

Can't wait for this.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#2KirbyIsAwesomePosted 2/1/2013 3:47:07 PM
Baby, we better hope dat beaut ain't gonna get hammered by that dastardly sub native resolution.
---
"3DS is simply incapable of making games as good as vita games"
- DemonDog666
#3xxsniperxx31Posted 2/1/2013 3:51:00 PM
Baby, we better hope dat beaut ain't gonna get hammered by that dastardly sub native resolution.

My personal opinion is that we're not going to have the game run at native resolution.
---
| DFI P45-T2RS | E5200 @ 3.5GHz | 6GB DDR2 RAM | Crossfire HD5770s | Sandisk 120GB SSD | Antec 300 Illusion |
#pch3 @ pch-3.com
#4KirbyIsAwesomePosted 2/1/2013 3:53:16 PM
Oh yeah?! Well my opinion is that...

You're probably right :(
---
"3DS is simply incapable of making games as good as vita games"
- DemonDog666
#5VerySolidusSnakPosted 2/1/2013 4:14:37 PM
At first, I had trouble identifying which screenshot belongs to the ps3 and which belongs to Vita. Impressive.
#6drags_Posted 2/1/2013 4:16:26 PM
This makes me want to play Killzone 2 and 3 again, I forgot how great it looks for a console game.
#7FlipManV3Posted 2/1/2013 4:20:09 PM
I personally thought the the framerate in the preview(not trailer) didn't look too pleasing. The graphics look amazing, but the movements reminded me of Declassified.
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#8Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:57:50 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
I personally thought the the framerate in the preview(not trailer) didn't look too pleasing. The graphics look amazing, but the movements reminded me of Declassified.
-

Hands on impressions from IGN state that the gameplay was "smooth". Developer interview indicated it will be a solid 30fps. I wouldn't worry too much.

KirbyIsAwesome posted...

I just don't think it's going to be native res unless Sony unlocks more of the Vita's power, which they could viably do. They did it with PSP by the 2nd or 3rd year.

That or GG could be higher level tech wizards than we thought.

Either way, once again Greg Miller of IGN indicated it was native res. And I'm inclined to believe him since they were playing on televisions hooked up to Vita dev units, which would have appeared all pixelated if it wasn't native res.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#9WhiteSword7Posted 2/1/2013 5:49:59 PM
Nnamz posted...
FlipManV3 posted...
-

Hands on impressions from IGN state that the gameplay was "smooth". Developer interview indicated it will be a solid 30fps. I wouldn't worry too much.

KirbyIsAwesome posted...

I just don't think it's going to be native res unless Sony unlocks more of the Vita's power, which they could viably do. They did it with PSP by the 2nd or 3rd year.

That or GG could be higher level tech wizards than we thought.

Either way, once again Greg Miller of IGN indicated it was native res. And I'm inclined to believe him since they were playing on televisions hooked up to Vita dev units, which would have appeared all pixelated if it wasn't native res.

Whoa! Nice! :)
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#10WhiteSword7Posted 2/1/2013 5:54:33 PM
Well, I have no doubt that guerilla cambridge is using a higher tech to create ps vita game than other vita dev... They are first party dev after all... Technically, this game is made by Sony themselves :)

and I heard they've spent 10 months to port KZ3 engine and 2 years to make the game.. no wonder it looks good
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted