Need help regarding NEAR update.

#1rainahigurePosted 2/2/2013 12:06:55 AM
Hi everyone

Due to my place do not have a wi-fi hotspot, I connect my vita to internet by using my laptop internet connection. So far it's all good, I can sent friend request, open the PSN and even play online multiplayer. However every time I try to update my location data via NEAR, it always say "Unable to acquire location data....".

I already register my mac address at Skyhook since 2 weeks ago, but until now still no luck.
So any help will greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
#2rainahigure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:41:03 PM
bump
#3twerterPosted 2/5/2013 10:53:52 PM
I'm no expert on this, but I believe the MAC needs to be that of whatever receives the connection from the internet first. You say you use your laptop, but how does that work? Is it a 3G USB thing connected to the laptop?

Ah, I'm sorry I couldn't help.
Plan B. Is near that important to you?
---
Hey baby. I noticed you have braces. I have braces, too.
PSN: fuzywuzy
#4rainahigure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:30:55 AM
yes it's a 3G usb network adapter.
actually i only need to use near to share item for Ragnarok Odyssey.
or maybe there is another way to sharing item without using near?
#5TinyTim123Posted 2/7/2013 9:19:34 AM
Sorry, you are stuck using Near. My brother and I went through this. Do you live someplace with access to someplace like a McDonalds with free Wifi or Starbucks or something, or perhaps you go to a friend's house with wireless internet? I know maybe you don't in which case I have no helpful suggestions (where I used to live, there was no broadband infrastructure in the town at all, our McDonalds didn't have free Wifi, because it just didn't exist in my town).
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#6rainahigure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:38:40 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Sorry, you are stuck using Near. My brother and I went through this. Do you live someplace with access to someplace like a McDonalds with free Wifi or Starbucks or something, or perhaps you go to a friend's house with wireless internet? I know maybe you don't in which case I have no helpful suggestions (where I used to live, there was no broadband infrastructure in the town at all, our McDonalds didn't have free Wifi, because it just didn't exist in my town).

unfortunetly no. there is no public wifi available in my town.
thanks for the info anyway.