PSN Movies and Games Download Questions

#1Mister MoneyPosted 2/2/2013 7:07:31 AM
I am still new to the whole PSN experience and I have some questions about movies and games on Vita.

1. If I purchase a movie on the PSN, say Paranormal Activity 4, and download it to my Vita, will i be able to play it without converting it to fit the Vita's 960x544 resolutions?

2. I also have a PS+ 3 month membership. If I use it to purchase a game that is DISCOUNTED, say Gravity Rush (assume it was discounted for a PS+ member), after three months, will I lose access to the game if I do not renew my subscription???

3. Does #2 also apply to the free games you get via PS+???

Please help.
---
Japanese Import System Collection: PSP-3000 (White/Blue, Black/Red, Red/Black, Sky Blue/Marine Blue), PS3 (Scarlet Red), PS Vita (Cosmic Red, Crystal White)
#2GhetsisPosted 2/2/2013 7:16:50 AM
Yes, no, yes.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3RotuhiiriPosted 2/2/2013 7:22:07 AM(edited)
In the case of games the rule is: If you pay money for it, then it's yours to keep forever. If you get it for free, then it's yours to play while you're subscribed.

Are you talking about movies purchased off the PS3 PSN or Vita's PSN?
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#4kyncaniPosted 2/2/2013 12:00:08 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
In the case of games the rule is: If you pay money for it, then it's yours to keep forever. If you get it for free, then it's yours to play while you're subscribed.

QFT
#5Fallen_LordPosted 2/2/2013 12:17:29 PM
If you buy movies for your vita from the PSN make sure you buy the standard version not HD. HD movies will not play or transfer to the vita. You can transfer standard movies with no problems.
#6triple_leiPosted 2/2/2013 12:32:23 PM
Fallen_Lord posted...
If you buy movies for your vita from the PSN make sure you buy the standard version not HD. HD movies will not play or transfer to the vita. You can transfer standard movies with no problems.

Still? I thought Vita got support for 1080p.
#7Fallen_LordPosted 2/2/2013 12:43:21 PM
triple_lei posted...
Fallen_Lord posted...

Still? I thought Vita got support for 1080p.

I will give it a try and see what happens. I have a few 1080p trailers on my PS3.
#8Fallen_LordPosted 2/2/2013 12:50:43 PM
I guess they must have changed things in a firmware update. I was able to upload a 720p trailer that would not upload when I first bought the vita. I am going to try transferring a 1080 movie now and see what happens.
#9Fallen_LordPosted 2/2/2013 1:03:05 PM
The 720p file worked but I tried a full hd movie and it immediately popped up a message saying you cannot download HD content purchased from the PSN. HD movies from another source might work but why would you want to use up all that extra memory stick space?