Do you think that releasing Killzone Mercenary in September is a bad move?

#1plo617Posted 2/2/2013 12:05:56 PM
I posted this on the Killzone Mercenary boards, but it's kind of dead for now.

September is a rough month to release games, since that is the beginning of the fall madness. There's usually too many games coming out during that period. Now GTA V is also coming out in September and there's still a possibility that either PS4 or Nexbox (maybe both) will be coming very near that time frame as well.

That is not good for a game that seems to be designed to attract console sales. Especially when the platform is struggling as is. I will definitely will be picking it up. However, I hate to see a good game get devoured into (perspective) obscurity because of bad timing.
#2darkdragongirlPosted 2/2/2013 12:09:24 PM
No, because it is competing against the handheld market.

Also isn't it rated M for Mature? Sure parents will buy their kids the game, but some of us mature adults with good jobs have enough money not to worry about things like what game to buy.
---
Chespin 2013
Chespin me right round like a record
#3Bikes-Posted 2/2/2013 12:10:34 PM
darkdragongirl posted...

Also isn't it rated M for Mature? Sure parents will buy their kids the game, but some of us mature adults with good jobs have enough money not to worry about things like what game to buy.

Even working adults don't have a unlimited budget, some people may pass if too many other titles are coming out.
#4darkdragongirlPosted 2/2/2013 12:19:31 PM
Bikes- posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

Even working adults don't have a unlimited budget, some people may pass if too many other titles are coming out.

Well I did say some, and I did say good jobs. I understand some of us are older or younger and have children or a partner. Also bills of such nature, but I know a dew us around here who apparently can afford such luxuries as which game can I buy: oh wait all of them.

Sorry if that seemed snooty.
---
Chespin 2013
#5XphoenixedgeXPosted 2/2/2013 12:21:24 PM
What do you suggest they do, delay the release until after the fall?
It's true that competition will be stiff, but I still think they would do well in releasing during the fall.
Rushing it for an early release should also be out of the question.
#6chuchumyrocketPosted 2/2/2013 12:51:19 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
Bikes- posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

Well I did say some, and I did say good jobs. I understand some of us are older or younger and have children or a partner. Also bills of such nature, but I know a dew us around here who apparently can afford such luxuries as which game can I buy: oh wait all of them.

I think the main problem is time. A lot of people don't have time to play every game released.......myself included and I play a TON of games and because of this I have to make decisions on which games I will buy instead of just "all of them".
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#7GuitaristMattPosted 2/2/2013 1:09:24 PM(edited)
No because March and September are the top months for game sales, followed by December, October, November, and January.

So the decision was, release a bad project in March or wait until September/ October to release a complete game while making some nice sales like GTA V is doing.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#8kyncaniPosted 2/2/2013 1:13:30 PM
I don't think it's a bad move, people who want the game will want it ASAP.
#9aryanbrarPosted 2/2/2013 1:24:48 PM
they just need to advertise it, like they on BOC. that thing had a commercial everywhere, movies, youtube and tv channels.
#10darkdragongirlPosted 2/2/2013 2:35:27 PM
chuchumyrocket posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Bikes- posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

I think the main problem is time. A lot of people don't have time to play every game released.......myself included and I play a TON of games and because of this I have to make decisions on which games I will buy instead of just "all of them".

Well I have a massive backlog and go out with friends, but I never have to feel like I don't have new games >_>
---
Chespin 2013