Why didn't Intelligent Systems go multiplat with Fire Emblem: Awakening?

#11blue_hedgehogPosted 2/2/2013 8:06:17 PM
Why don't Game Freak go multiplatform and port Pokemon X and Y to the Vita?
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#12Tempest717Posted 2/2/2013 8:14:18 PM
Disgaea is good but doesn't involve a whole lot of strategy.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#13ranjaboy0Posted 2/2/2013 8:59:48 PM
joke topic?
---
Currently playing: Persona 3:Portable, Gears of War 3 , FF8, Metroid Prime, MGS:Peace Walker, RE2
#14jazperyPosted 2/2/2013 9:19:21 PM
mike_411 posted...
Disgaea 3.

this
#15360pagesPosted 2/2/2013 9:27:25 PM
Disgaea always felt closer to a regular RPG where the characters happen to move on squares. Most of the main game stuff can be passed simply by leveling up and getting better stuff. This is even in the post game until you get to the Dimension X stuff, but even then it's more about solving a puzzle than strategy.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 2/2/2013 9:43:21 PM
-Equinox- posted...
Ghetsis posted...
Bancario51 posted...
inb4 Disgaea 3 for this response: he said a good strategy game.

Fire Emblem is a great series, but even it can't hold a candle to Disgaea.

Disgaea is good but extremely overrated.

More like extremely hated by the overall opinions of most for no reason.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#17SetecAstronomyPosted 2/2/2013 9:50:27 PM
Why aren't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Animal Crossing multiplatform? I just can't figure it out!
#18FlipManV3Posted 2/2/2013 10:00:32 PM
I like Disgaea a lot, but the two aren't really comparable. I probably like Fire Emblem more overall though, but it's basically comparing lemons to oranges.

Disgaea is a fun, pretty quirky game with enjoyable storylines. Cool attacks and apparently loads of post-game stuff(I never really go past regular campaign). More fanservice-y than anything.

Fire Emblem is more serious with a pretty urgent storyline, usually decent. Permanent death adds to the seriousness. Music is great and memorable.

You can mess up in Disgaea and have a negligible effect on the mission or even the turn. In Fire Emblem, your every move and placement is insanely crucial. Especially if there's fog and an enemy comes out of nowhere and you're crossing your fingers that it doesn't hit you or kill you.
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#19FlipManV3Posted 2/2/2013 10:02:09 PM
Also, this is a joke topic, I guess wanted to add my 2 cents to the series.
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#20HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 2/2/2013 10:08:43 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
I like Disgaea a lot, but the two aren't really comparable. I probably like Fire Emblem more overall though, but it's basically comparing lemons to oranges.

Disgaea is a fun, pretty quirky game with enjoyable storylines. Cool attacks and apparently loads of post-game stuff(I never really go past regular campaign). More fanservice-y than anything.

Fire Emblem is more serious with a pretty urgent storyline, usually decent. Permanent death adds to the seriousness. Music is great and memorable.

You can mess up in Disgaea and have a negligible effect on the mission or even the turn. In Fire Emblem, your every move and placement is insanely crucial. Especially if there's fog and an enemy comes out of nowhere and you're crossing your fingers that it doesn't hit you or kill you.
-

Not to sound like a snob (as I do agree with your statements on each game), you can compare "lemons to oranges" with statistical methods. Obviously this would require a data collection of objective terms and etc. but it is indeed possible.
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ