Make me want a Vita

#1emolsifierPosted 2/2/2013 7:43:00 PM
I'm a handheld gamer and I've got a problem. While I love my 3Ds It is slowly dawning on me that I have little to no desire to get a Vita. That's bad. So to correct this deficiency I decided that what better way than to ask the fans themselves.

What are the Awesome things about the VITA? What gets you freaking excited about it? Which games make you Gush like a teenage fangirl? Just write me a Love Letter to your Vita! Convince me with just how badass the system is. Make me want a Vita
---
Newbie PKMN Trainer: 0132-8070-8825 BLACK
#2elai1108Posted 2/2/2013 7:47:11 PM
Why not do yourself a favor and read a few reviews and make a decision like us normal people?
#3Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/2/2013 7:51:44 PM
*swings watch in front of your face* You want a Viiiiita...you want a VIIIITA!

Did it work?
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#4NerdstickPosted 2/2/2013 8:04:54 PM(edited)
I had extremely little desire to get one until I though to myself "Now that I think about it, the PSP was my favorite system of all time, wouldn't be surprised if the Vita will be that sleeper hit again", and so I picked one up as an investment. Now having one, I'm fairly certain it will be.

Unlike the 3DS, it's region free. It has dual analogs. It actually innovates: back touch pad (for better or worse).

In regards to hardware design (at least for my white unit) it's seemingly perfect, an extremely smooth glossy plastic, just hefty enough to feel valuable without being tiring, a joy to hold. Clicky one-piece D-Pad, even down to the phone-like power button (flat so it's not obtrusive, in a location you'd never rest your hands or touch accidentally). While it comes down to preference, the white unit has to be the most gorgeous piece of hardware I've ever seen: http://i.imgur.com/aRIL5.jpg (not shown: silver rim around the unit, very iPhone-esque). And of course the gigantic AMOLED -capacitive- touch screen.

Of course what ultimately makes or breaks a system is the games. Project Diva, DJ Max, LittleBigPlanet, Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, if they interest you it's worth picking up.
#5Hydra_Gundam_Posted 2/2/2013 8:12:46 PM
" I have little to no desire to get a Vita."

A forced buy usually isn't a smart buy.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#6FindmeElseweyrPosted 2/2/2013 8:18:18 PM
it's not worth it yet.

Wait 6mos-1yr then come back.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf
#7rajin_donutsPosted 2/2/2013 8:21:32 PM
emolsifier posted...

What are the Awesome things about the VITA? What gets you freaking excited about it? Which games make you Gush like a teenage fangirl? Just write me a Love Letter to your Vita! Convince me with just how badass the system is. Make me want a Vita

Your post is kinda creepy. I also think you have domination issues. You should probably put your 3DS down and seek therapeutic assistance.
#8gray_fox_00Posted 2/2/2013 8:23:20 PM
Hydra_Gundam_ posted...
" I have little to no desire to get a Vita."

A forced buy usually isn't a smart buy.

This. I don't get why people would want to be talked into something like this. If it truly interests you, get it. If it doesn't, don't. It's that simple.

So unless you just have money you really wanna burn, I'd say don't get it. At least not right now.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#9calvinliangPosted 2/2/2013 8:26:55 PM(edited)
The moment I saw the snippet of Killzone footage in that NGP montage from the Playstation Meeting back in 2010 was when I decided I was going to get a Vita.
---
---
PSN ID: CaptCalvin
#10GodMWOLFPosted 2/2/2013 8:24:50 PM
Killzone Mercenary

we done?
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool