As a Vita fan, I'm disappointed. Someone (knowledgable) please tell me I'm wrong

#1kissedbythemoonPosted 2/2/2013 9:02:02 PM
Someone please tell me I'm wrong about this.

I have a 16 gig memory stick, and it's getting full. I've downloaded Disgaea 3 and Persona 4; both fantastic games I've logged numerous hours into each. I want to format my memory stick though, but I'm worried about losing all those precious hours.

I've been trying to find a surefire way of saving my precious save data, BUT-- it seems the only way one can hold onto save data is by becoming (PAYING) a PlayStation Plus member. For the online cloud storage. Here's a link, saying:

"Copying Save Data - To use this feature, you must join PlayStation®Plus service."

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/savedata.html

Those. CROOKS. I just want to hold onto my save data; a few kilobytes of info pertaining to dozens of gaming hours. And they're going to make me pay to do that?

Someone. Please tell me I'm wrong about this.
---
The function of Art is to disturb. Science reassures.
#2Kitt ThrustPosted 2/2/2013 9:03:04 PM
just use content manager with your PC or PS3.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png
#3kissedbythemoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:04:15 PM
I'm actually copying both Persona 4 and Disgaea 3 to my PC now-- but it's not clear if the save data will copy. I think just the games will copy.
---
#4Safros93Posted 2/2/2013 9:04:44 PM
Well, being a PS Plus member is the only way to only back up your save data, by using the Cloud service.

But you can just back up your games to your PC, although you'll need to transfer the whole game to do this.
#5gray_fox_00Posted 2/2/2013 9:07:06 PM
Digital games have the save tied to the game. Use content manager to backup the game, restore on new card, double check to make sure it took.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#6kissedbythemoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:07:38 PM
Are you sure about that-- that using the Cloud service is the *only* way to back up my save data? That's insane... it basically forces me to pay to hold onto my save data. If it's true than this is something that's never happened to any other gaming device, ever. *Paying* to back up save data. Insane. I'm a huge Vita fan, but I am disappointed.
---
#7kissedbythemoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:09:36 PM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Digital games have the save tied to the game. Use content manager to backup the game, restore on new card, double check to make sure it took.

Hey gray_fox_00 -- Is it true then that the save data is connected with the digital download? I'm in the process of copying my two games to my PC as we speak, but I have no other Vita memory card to test it out on... they're expensive
---
#8GodMWOLFPosted 2/2/2013 9:09:45 PM
If you back up a game,the save data also gets backed up with it
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#9gray_fox_00Posted 2/2/2013 9:10:49 PM
kissedbythemoon posted...
Are you sure about that-- that using the Cloud service is the *only* way to back up my save data? That's insane... it basically forces me to pay to hold onto my save data. If it's true than this is something that's never happened to any other gaming device, ever. *Paying* to back up save data. Insane. I'm a huge Vita fan, but I am disappointed.

It's the only way to back up just the save data. Otherwise you have to back up the entire game when it comes to digital download.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#10SlaysmePosted 2/2/2013 9:11:28 PM
No, you can put the save and game together on your PC/ps3. What they are saying is that to back up only the save, independent of the game "bubble" you need plus.

Besides this point, plus is a good thing. But then again, I have a ps3, so.,,
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme