Really tempted

#1Jopez86Posted 2/2/2013 10:23:34 PM
To start a JP PSN account to play the Soul Sacrifice demo, seems like such a hassle. Have any of you guys done this? Is it worth the effort?
#2pariah164Posted 2/2/2013 10:26:08 PM
It is a hassle, and not worth it, imo.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#3Jopez86(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:28:00 PM
pariah164 posted...
It is a hassle, and not worth it, imo.

Dammit lol, have you played it?
#4Nightmare637Posted 2/2/2013 10:29:16 PM
Its a pain in the *** to switch accounts on the vita.

I would never go through it for a demo.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#5NerdstickPosted 2/2/2013 10:41:19 PM
It's indeed a pain, but nowhere near as bad as they're making it out to be. Unless you have to back-up and format your memory card, and then yeah it probably is.

Process:
0) Sync Trophies to Server before Continuing! Or you'll lose em!
1) Turn off Vita, unplug Memory Stick
2) Turn on Vita, wipe system.
3) Turn on. Put in wifi settings. Put in JP account login/password.
4) Reset Vita when intro video starts.
5*) Go to settings and re-activate account. I don't deactivate mine when I switch but it still forces me for some reason.
6*) Reset Vita if you had to do Step 6 (you will if none of the icons load) to get them to appear.

And you're done. Rinse/repeat for each switch, and if you only have one memory card, you'll have to back it up and format it along with the system. Bear in mind that your local trophy list will appear empty until you re-run any games you want to appear. Also note that while you shouldn't lose save data (if you pulled out the card before formatting), you will lose certain data..the little boot menu for Wake Up Club has all my stats set to 0 even though it has my save data, weirdly enough.

Really big pain and I hate doing it, but if you only want to do it one time it should only take a matter of minutes each time.
#6WooTz_samaPosted 2/2/2013 11:56:11 PM(edited)
I switch accounts all the time.

As long as you have a second memory card it can be done under 2 minutes.

Here's my way of doing it:

1. Sync trophies
2. Restore the ps vita system, obviously don't format the card.
3. Enter new PSN info
4. Time to swap the memory card the moment annoying intro appears.
5. Reboot, activate account and you're ready to go.

Also, I've played the demo for over 25 hours. Definitely worth switching accounts for it.
---
PSN: FUS-RO-DAAH
Hilarious Persona 4 Hiimdaisy comic dub (spoilarz) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc
#7OtakuGameraPosted 2/2/2013 11:54:45 PM
it's not so bad, just backup your data and reformat, all this takes less than 5 minutes. and yes, for soul sacrifice it is worth it
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#8WooTz_samaPosted 2/2/2013 11:58:56 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
it's not so bad, just backup your data and reformat, all this takes less than 5 minutes. and yes, for soul sacrifice it is worth it

Not if your memory card is full. It took me 30 minutes just to back up my 32GB card. Don't forget you have to restore them later as well.

Buying a second card will make things a lot easier.
---
PSN: FUS-RO-DAAH
Hilarious Persona 4 Hiimdaisy comic dub (spoilarz) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc
#9Jopez86(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:08:24 AM
Nerdstick posted...
It's indeed a pain, but nowhere near as bad as they're making it out to be. Unless you have to back-up and format your memory card, and then yeah it probably is.

Process:
0) Sync Trophies to Server before Continuing! Or you'll lose em!
1) Turn off Vita, unplug Memory Stick
2) Turn on Vita, wipe system.
3) Turn on. Put in wifi settings. Put in JP account login/password.
4) Reset Vita when intro video starts.
5*) Go to settings and re-activate account. I don't deactivate mine when I switch but it still forces me for some reason.
6*) Reset Vita if you had to do Step 6 (you will if none of the icons load) to get them to appear.

And you're done. Rinse/repeat for each switch, and if you only have one memory card, you'll have to back it up and format it along with the system. Bear in mind that your local trophy list will appear empty until you re-run any games you want to appear. Also note that while you shouldn't lose save data (if you pulled out the card before formatting), you will lose certain data..the little boot menu for Wake Up Club has all my stats set to 0 even though it has my save data, weirdly enough.

Really big pain and I hate doing it, but if you only want to do it one time it should only take a matter of minutes each time.

Now im interested again lol
I've heard I should make a JP account online? I went to the JP playstation site to do so and was completely lost, any easier way to make an account?