What are your thoughts on gravity rush?

#21TehTrumpCardPosted 2/3/2013 5:30:44 PM(edited)
I felt drained playing this but not because it was difficult but rather, the combat being so stale. I deleted it rather quickly off my Vita. Good thing it was free with Playstation Plus, I hate to think someone somewhere actually bought this without having it bundled with the Vita...
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing... Trump x E4's Caitlin
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#22MobileWarfarePosted 2/3/2013 5:39:38 PM
I thought it was pretty weird at first, but it got fun when i figured out the controls.I was having a blast until about Chapter 14 where the gameplay got boring. At that point i kinda rushed through the missions to get the trophy for finishing the missions. I was a little disappointed that the story was not that great. Although I did enjoy the cel-shaded graphics and unique gameplay.
---
PSN: MobilizedWarfare, XL: Skillfreakout
Currently playing: Skyrim(xbox), Black ops 2(xbox), Far cry 3(xbox), Little Big planet(vita), Gravity Rush(vita)
#23Vincent137Posted 2/3/2013 5:47:18 PM
Took me 3 months to finish a 15 hour game. The first half was slow and repetitive but it does pick up and concludes nicely. I liked the characters but I think I would have had more of a connection with Kat if she had a voice actor behind her. The fighting never improves but the challenges were fun.
#24Starwars4JPosted 2/3/2013 6:03:55 PM
It was a decent game that had a lot of potential that went nowhere. While I thought the combat problems were exaggerated, the story felt rushed and empty, with a cliffhanger that made me feel as if they only gave us half a game intentionally so that they could sell the sequel.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#25TheKonamiManPosted 2/3/2013 10:40:09 PM
I was very disappointed with it, the game felt like it was rushed to the market way too soon. Felt like an extended tech demo instead of a game.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/TheKonamiMan/sig/SilentSig.jpg
|A|L|I|E|N|S| - My Anti-Drug
#26Maximum OverdrivePosted 2/3/2013 11:04:46 PM
TheKonamiMan posted...
I was very disappointed with it, the game felt like it was rushed to the market way too soon. Felt like an extended tech demo instead of a game.

So, it was Gravity Rushed?

*rimshot*

-_-

*walks out of topic*
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL
#27SonicFreak99Posted 2/3/2013 11:41:22 PM
One of my favorite Vita games. I never got bored of combat myself. Loved the animation and the battle music. I could finish the battles any way I wanted, unlike some boring linear RPG's I've played. The story is a lot deeper than it seems on the surface, and the sequel should answer a lot of the tough questions. A lot of people just skimmed through the story when it is actually quite interesting.
---
PSN: MetalGearLiquid
#28WiiFan77Posted 2/4/2013 12:11:27 PM
Gravity Rush is one of the only action games I actually like. Lol at all the assassin's creed / fps players saying it sucks.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#29murdochAVPosted 2/4/2013 12:20:09 PM
I think it sorta tried to coast on having a neat mechanic. Flying around (or falling around, whatever) is awesome for a few hours, but when there's no content beyond it there's nothing to hold your interest. Even though it is a short game, I got too bored to finish it (got to that chapter with the village of kids before I stopped).
#30Maximum OverdrivePosted 2/4/2013 12:28:52 PM
WiiFan77 posted...
Gravity Rush is one of the only action games I actually like. Lol at all the assassin's creed / fps players saying it sucks.

I enjoy the AC series, fps games, and GR.
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL