I heard I have to have a PS3 to Download Metal Gear 1? But..

#1_Candice_Posted 2/3/2013 8:01:32 PM
Can I buy it on the PSN website and download it on my Vita or do I absolutely need a PS3?
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#2bigdaddydmacPosted 2/3/2013 8:10:57 PM
If you don't see the game on the Vita's PS store, then yes you'll need a ps3 to transfer the game. I can confirm that I have the game on my vita from doing this.
---
psn:BigDaddyD-Mac
"Before society can move forward, we all must agree upon the rules! Now Kneel!" -Galvatron
#3DalekZeroPosted 2/3/2013 8:12:17 PM
bigdaddydmac posted...
If you don't see the game on the Vita's PS store, then yes you'll need a ps3 to transfer the game. I can confirm that I have the game on my vita from doing this.

that's stupid. I don't own a ps3. I do own metal gear solid on the psn (played it on my psp). So why can't I transfer it? It doesn't make any sense.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#4bigdaddydmacPosted 2/3/2013 8:17:45 PM
You can check your download list on your vita, it would either say download or not available on PS vita system on your purchase history. If you already bought the game, you won't have to pay again. Sony was stupid and has took their time releasing psx games on the vita. The ps3 method is pretty much a loophole that probably wasn't intended by Sony.
---
psn:BigDaddyD-Mac
"Before society can move forward, we all must agree upon the rules! Now Kneel!" -Galvatron
#5kingofall214Posted 2/3/2013 8:25:54 PM
Why is it that you can't download it directly on the vita but can transfer it via PS3? It can't be a licensing issue because then it wouldn't transfer to vita on ps3 any way would it?
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#6GhetsisPosted 2/3/2013 8:26:06 PM
I think you just need to get MGS3 Subsistence. I don't think you need a PS3 for that.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#7_Candice_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:30:53 PM
I dont understand how it would not be intentional. Dont they want games on this thing? Why would they hold back good titles?
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#8Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/3/2013 8:34:36 PM
If it wasn't intentional, then Sony would've blocked it. But who knows why they need you to have the PS3.

I can only assume it's legal things with Konami. They don't have Portable Ops for the Vita either even though it's on the store, though that one doesn't work through the PS3 transfer.
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#9S_T_O_N_E_Posted 2/3/2013 8:39:31 PM
You don't need a ps3 for anything! ANYTHING can be accessed via the PSN store ONLINE. You can now buy things via computer. Here's the link:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/
---
PM me for the $20 referral code if you're interested.
#10S_T_O_N_E_Posted 2/3/2013 8:40:34 PM
S_T_O_N_E_ posted...
You don't need a ps3 for anything! ANYTHING can be accessed via the PSN store ONLINE. You can now buy things via computer. Here's the link:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/

also when you purchase the game just check your download list and it should be there.
---
PM me for the $20 referral code if you're interested.