Is it worth it just for Monster Hunter and maybe a few others..?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is it worth it just for Monster Hunter and maybe a few others..?
2 years ago#1
I have never played monster hunter, any of them. I really want to, but I've never had a PSP. I could get Tri, but i don't play wii enough to always play it for that one game.

I have a 3ds, and I know a couple MH games are coming for it soon, but I don't believe they are online.

So I'm wondering if I should buy a used PSP with the MH games for the PSP, or just get the Vita and get MH on the PS store, and be able to get other Vita games.
---
i5 2500k 3.2 ghz quad core, GTX 560 ti 1GB, 8 GB DDR3, 750 watt OCZ, Win7
2 years ago#2
None of the PSP MH games are online either unless you have a PS3 and Ad-Hoc party.

MH4 is supposed to have online, but it may be 2-3 years before we see it.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
2 years ago#3
Get a WiiU if you want online Monster Hunter. MH4 will have online on the 3DS though, but that isn't even out in Japan yet, so its gonna be a while.

I can't wait for MH3U.

But if you just want one for Monster Hunter, just get a PSP. Vita isn't worth it if thats all you want.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
(edited by Tzuba12)
2 years ago#4
although it's not monster hunter, the vita is getting 2 high profile raid type games, have a look at Soul Sacrifice, it has online and ad-hoc play. God Eater 2 is also coming but has no localizations announced yet.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
2 years ago#5
I do have a ps3, so how would I play online monster hunter?
---
2 years ago#6
OtakuGamera posted...
although it's not monster hunter, the vita is getting 2 high profile raid type games, have a look at Soul Sacrifice, it has online and ad-hoc play. God Eater 2 is also coming but has no localizations announced yet.

Man I hope they bring God Eater 2 over, looks amazing! Do you own a 3ds?
2 years ago#7
I can get a mint condition PSP, barely used with 4 games and a memory stick for 90 dollars. It would basically be just for MH, and I guess some other games and movies sometimes.. Sound like a good deal? And if I want to buy MHP3, I can buy it on the Psn from the ps3?
---
(edited by twilitlink33)
2 years ago#8
Man I hope they bring God Eater 2 over, looks amazing! Do you own a 3ds?

not yet, im still waiting for more games to come out and i still have a ton of backlog to go through
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
2 years ago#9
twilitlink33 posted...
I can get a mint condition PSP, barely used with 4 games and a memory stick for 90 dollars. It would basically be just for MH, and I guess some other games and movies sometimes.. Sound like a good deal? And if I want to buy MHP3, I can buy it on the Psn from the ps3?

Sounds like a great deal to me.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
2 years ago#10
twilitlink33 posted...

P3rd is japanese. If you hack/pirate, it does have an english patch, and I believe you can get it from the japanese psn. (Not that I condone that kinda thing.)
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is it worth it just for Monster Hunter and maybe a few others..?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived