Is it worth it just for Monster Hunter and maybe a few others..?

#11dancer62Posted 2/4/2013 5:13:54 AM
darkphiresage posted...
twilitlink33 posted...
I can get a mint condition PSP, barely used with 4 games and a memory stick for 90 dollars. It would basically be just for MH, and I guess some other games and movies sometimes.. Sound like a good deal? And if I want to buy MHP3, I can buy it on the Psn from the ps3?

P3rd is japanese. If you hack/pirate, it does have an english patch, and I believe you can get it from the japanese psn. (Not that I condone that kinda thing.)

"hack/pirate"?

Two completely different things.

MIght I note that buying and importing a game and then adding the a language patch is far from piracy, and actually a hack in the original definition of the term: a clever or elegant way of solving a technical problem.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#12darkphiresagePosted 2/4/2013 5:39:05 AM
dancer62 posted...
darkphiresage posted...
twilitlink33 posted...
I can get a mint condition PSP, barely used with 4 games and a memory stick for 90 dollars. It would basically be just for MH, and I guess some other games and movies sometimes.. Sound like a good deal? And if I want to buy MHP3, I can buy it on the Psn from the ps3?

P3rd is japanese. If you hack/pirate, it does have an english patch, and I believe you can get it from the japanese psn. (Not that I condone that kinda thing.)

"hack/pirate"?

MIght I note that buying and importing a game and then adding the a language patch is far from piracy, and actually a hack in the original definition of the term: a clever or elegant way of solving a technical problem.

did you know that a "/" in the middle of two words, can mean "and" or "or"? in this case, hack, is referencing the english patch. pirate, is referencing dl'ing the game illegally, or, as i said, he could get it legally by buying it from the jp psn.

reading comprehension...The more you know
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#13dancer62Posted 2/4/2013 6:49:53 AM
darkphiresage posted...
dancer62 posted...
darkphiresage posted...
twilitlink33 posted...

"hack/pirate"?

did you know that a "/" in the middle of two words, can mean "and" or "or"? in this case, hack, is referencing the english patch. pirate, is referencing dl'ing the game illegally, or, as i said, he could get it legally by buying it from the jp psn.

yes, reading comprehension, and grammar, sweetheart, grammar: "hack/pirate, ..... (Not that I condone that kinda thing.)"

So, you don't condone programming tech mods, or you don't condone piracy, or, as it seems to read, you equate them as the same thing? Or maybe you actually meant to say you don't condone buying from the JP PSN?
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#14BahamutBBobPosted 2/4/2013 7:38:22 AM
twilitlink33 posted...
I do have a ps3, so how would I play online monster hunter?

There should be a PS3 app you can download called "Ad-Hoc Party." It's pretty easy to use, just start it up, make or join a room, go into multiplayer on your PSP (or Vita, but it only works with PSP games) and it should connect to your PS3 automatically. You can do text and voice chat with people in the same room as you.

If you can still get that $90 PSP, that's a pretty good deal.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#15Sami1000Posted 2/4/2013 8:25:13 AM
twilitlink33 posted...
I have never played monster hunter, any of them. I really want to, but I've never had a PSP. I could get Tri, but i don't play wii enough to always play it for that one game.

I have a 3ds, and I know a couple MH games are coming for it soon, but I don't believe they are online.

So I'm wondering if I should buy a used PSP with the MH games for the PSP, or just get the Vita and get MH on the PS store, and be able to get other Vita games.

If its the monster hunter you are interested in then MH 3 ultimate for 3ds is your best bet as you already have 3ds and i wouldn't buy vita or psp just to play inferior monster hunter on them. If psp or vita had portable 3rd then it might be ok coz as i understand that game has all the content of mh freedom/freedom 2/freedom unite and plenty of new content.

Only reason to buy vita or psp is that if there is enough games which interests you.
#16Jopez86Posted 2/4/2013 9:31:54 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
Man I hope they bring God Eater 2 over, looks amazing! Do you own a 3ds?

not yet, im still waiting for more games to come out and i still have a ton of backlog to go through

Ah thats right, you and I talked about this on another thread I think. Monster hunter is my main reason for wanting a 3ds, not really interested in many nintendo games other than Animal Crossing.
Im takimg your advice and getting through some back log, though Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus holding me back. That game is relentless but i have a hard time putting it down, i love the challenge. Probably why i like monster hunter.
#17darkphiresagePosted 2/4/2013 9:42:36 AM
dancer62 posted...
darkphiresage posted...
dancer62 posted...
darkphiresage posted...
twilitlink33 posted...

"hack/pirate"?

yes, reading comprehension, and grammar, sweetheart, grammar: "hack/pirate, ..... (Not that I condone that kinda thing.)"

So, you don't condone programming tech mods, or you don't condone piracy, or, as it seems to read, you equate them as the same thing? Or maybe you actually meant to say you don't condone buying from the JP PSN?

i didn't think i'd have to explain that. only one of those things is wrong. two, if you use hacking for the wrong things. but...if you couldn't figure it out, i was referring to pirating.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#18MickleohbPosted 2/4/2013 9:45:43 AM
twilitlink33 posted...
I have never played monster hunter, any of them. I really want to, but I've never had a PSP. I could get Tri, but i don't play wii enough to always play it for that one game.

I don't really get this. If you already have a wii, why can't you just get Tri? What would be bad about you only playing one game on the system?
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
#19AkagehisaPosted 2/4/2013 9:57:01 AM
If you want to play a Monster Hunter game and you have a 3Ds, there is no questions about it,,, MH3 Ultimate is the best bet,,, MHTri has better gameplay than the PSP ones, and if you buy MH3U you are buying the most complete MH game to date.

The 3rd generation, (Tri, and 3 Ultimate) is more friendly to newcomers.
#20twilitlink33(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:13:05 PM
Well I decided to order Tri, as it was 26 dollars in total from eBay. It's nowhere to be found in my city, so I had to resort to eBay for a brand new copy.

And I have also decided to just wait for the 3ds one. I don't think it's worth it to get a few inferior games in the series on an old console.

I don't get why the 3DS trailer says that the MP is cross platform, but is that if the wii u and 3ds are in the same room or what?
---
i5 2500k 3.2 ghz quad core, GTX 560 ti 1GB, 8 GB DDR3, 750 watt OCZ, Win7