Holy crap, MGS2 has terrible controls.

#21Human-BeanPosted 2/5/2013 6:08:53 PM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
"Holy crap, MGS2 has terrible controls on the Vita."
Thats what the title should read like.
The game plays fine on consoles.

You do realise that this is the Vita board, I doubt people will consider the console games, then again what would someone think.
#22NnamzPosted 2/5/2013 6:13:02 PM
XphoenixedgeX posted...

Did you read the topic? The problem the TC is talking about is in the PS2 and PS3 versions.

And I agree, the game has wonky controls.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#23LitCandlez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:22:15 PM
XphoenixedgeX posted...

This is my first time playing.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#24LitCandlez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:23:16 PM
Poobert_Wilson posted...
edit: If it isn't, then you're a weenie.

:(
I'm no weenie. I'm used to them now.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
#25FKRW4LifePosted 2/5/2013 6:42:13 PM
Can you clarify what is wrong with them exactly? Wall hugging is one thing I saw complained about, what else?

I havnt played it since the PS2 era (though I bought the HD for ps3 and HD for Vita). I remember the game controlling well besides the stupid pressure sensitive firing.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#26wartpigXPosted 2/5/2013 6:50:57 PM
i had no problems with this game......

just wait till you get to the VR missions where you gotta snipe and protect a target.. the first one was easy. the next 2 after that where they crank it up is not possiable. i watched youtube vids on it and of you make a single mistake its a fail.
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#27LitCandlez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:52:59 PM
FKRW4Life posted...
Can you clarify what is wrong with them exactly? Wall hugging is one thing I saw complained about, what else?

I havnt played it since the PS2 era (though I bought the HD for ps3 and HD for Vita). I remember the game controlling well besides the stupid pressure sensitive firing.

The awkwardness of using a game with stealth controls to take down a boss that I could kill much faster if the game controlled like an average first person shooter.

For my first time playing the whole first person view thing was really weird to use. I have gotten used to it now.

I like the touch screen controls. It fixes the wall hugging by just letting you drag where you want to look. Also It makes the menus nicer.

I wish there was more use of the right stick to look around. Getting spotted by guards you can't see is not fun.

This one really annoyed me. You start off the game playing as Solid Snake and they explain nothing about the controls. I wish they could have told me some stuff, like the wall hanging and the choking from behind, but I discovered all the controls while playing the first level. I like the way they did that. When the second level comes, the entire beginning feels like a tutorial. The way that explained it after I already knew everything made me rage, and how they replaced badass Snake with this terrible Raiden guy. Hearing him talks makes me want to shoot him in the face. Also replacing Otacon with the Colonel also annoyed me. I like the way he terribly interpreted those proverbs.
---
#28co1onelPosted 2/5/2013 6:59:17 PM(edited)
LitCandlez posted...
I already knew everything made me rage, and how they replaced badass Snake with this terrible Raiden guy. Hearing him talks makes me want to shoot him in the face. Also replacing Otacon with the Colonel also annoyed me. I like the way he terribly interpreted those proverbs.

Welcome to 2001
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#29LitCandlez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:07:34 PM
co1onel posted...
LitCandlez posted...
I already knew everything made me rage, and how they replaced badass Snake with this terrible Raiden guy. Hearing him talks makes me want to shoot him in the face. Also replacing Otacon with the Colonel also annoyed me. I like the way he terribly interpreted those proverbs.

Welcome to 2001

Good to be here.
---
#30EraseGreyPosted 2/5/2013 10:37:54 PM
I guess I just see the controls of early metal gear part of the game. I really enjoyed the evolution of the control setup from game to game. I wish some new games would use similar set ups or camera angles.

resident evil...sigh.
---
PSN: DeadCell715