Seriously getting tired of this, Sony

#61GenocideHeartPosted 2/4/2013 5:53:56 PM
Also, please note that in the last 10 years, prices of goods in Euroland steadily went up... while wagers REMAINED THE SAME. That's not at all how it's supposed to work. The fact that a lot of businesses got slammed with lawsuits over excessive rises in price should tell you something...
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#62DunGoofdPosted 2/4/2013 6:42:35 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
Also, please note that in the last 10 years, prices of goods in Euroland steadily went up... while wagers REMAINED THE SAME. That's not at all how it's supposed to work. The fact that a lot of businesses got slammed with lawsuits over excessive rises in price should tell you something...

No, read closely. Relatively.

All I'm saying is the price is relative to the conditions (or previous conditions since the EU is in the gutter) of the area. The average income is much higher to begin with (I know it hasn't gone up much, but it's still higher than the US). I'm not arguing you aren't being ripped off. Call it cheating if you want, it's just how the system is set up. I know it's not fair. The VAT (and etc (read ahead)) is what really screws you over which you don't take into account with comparisons and tax.

"Uhhh... when one currency is stronger than another, it tends to take LESS of that currency to purchase goods compared to another currency."

Exactly. Since the Euro is stronger, it can command less currency to import, like your Amazon.com example, not for stuff in your country. Buying these things from the US (or Japan/China/etc) is going to be cheaper because the currency is weaker, so they're gonna buy a lot. And since they import A LOT they have to pay a lot of trading and import taxes. This makes things more expensive, especially added with the VAT. If the Euro was weaker, it would only be MUCH worse.
#63dj___rollPosted 2/4/2013 6:42:51 PM
Quote:Apparently, some people think that 10 or so above average titles is enough to hold a system for an entire year.
-

@FlipManV3
I wouldn't be disappointed with getting 10 games a year I was interested in for a system. There's obviously more than 10 games coming out. Sorry you aren't anticipating enough of the titles coming out this year. You don't equal everybody.

That being said, I do hope more "big" games come out for the Vita. It's a woefully under appreciated handheld and deserves some more attention. But that's how it goes sometimes. Betamax lost to VHS in retail too.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#64FlipManV3Posted 2/4/2013 8:08:13 PM
dj___roll posted...
I wouldn't be disappointed with getting 10 games a year I was interested in for a system. There's obviously more than 10 games coming out. Sorry you aren't anticipating enough of the titles coming out this year. You don't equal everybody.

That being said, I do hope more "big" games come out for the Vita. It's a woefully under appreciated handheld and deserves some more attention. But that's how it goes sometimes. Betamax lost to VHS in retail too.

Look, let's not play stupid here and look at the facts. There aren't any "big" games at all coming out. The biggest two are Soul Sacrifice and Killzone.
In retrospect, one can easily say that the Wii had the best games the past gen because someone personally likes the games.

Look at the PS3, it has Ascension, Last of Us, and Beyond. Those are big games. The Vita has nothing of that caliber even if you consider it as a handheld device.

Given the choice, nearly everyone would rather have inFamous, God of War, or game by Quantic in place of Guacamelee or whatever. You'd have to be a fool not to.
Also, I never said 10 games that you're going to get, it's 10 or so games that have some sort of shot at being a "good game", that number cuts down a lot if one isn't interested in playing all of those games or if the game doesn't end up being good.
Also, part of the games that are being looked forward to has a PS3 version.

The point that I'm trying to get at is that people are "forcing" to choose upcoming games that would otherwise not be in their radar if big games were present in the future.
Guaranteed that if a GTA game, MH, or an MGS game were announced for the Vita, many people will lose interest in many of the upcoming games apart from SS and KZ.
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#65DalekZeroPosted 2/4/2013 8:15:32 PM
I did not come into this topic expecting to be schooled on european economics.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#66GardianBouPosted 2/4/2013 11:06:19 PM
Still no staples like:

Midnight Club
Burnout
GTA
---
Laptop: Alienware M17x | i7 920xm @ 3.6ghz | 12gb DDR3 1333mhz | CrossfireX 6990m 2gb @ 845mhz | 17" 1920 by 1200 | 1TB + 1TB HDD + OCZ Agility 3 120gb |
#67GenocideHeartPosted 2/5/2013 8:42:45 AM
DunGoofd posted...
GenocideHeart posted...

No, read closely. Relatively.

All I'm saying is the price is relative to the conditions (or previous conditions since the EU is in the gutter) of the area. The average income is much higher to begin with (I know it hasn't gone up much, but it's still higher than the US). I'm not arguing you aren't being ripped off. Call it cheating if you want, it's just how the system is set up. I know it's not fair. The VAT (and etc (read ahead)) is what really screws you over which you don't take into account with comparisons and tax.

"Uhhh... when one currency is stronger than another, it tends to take LESS of that currency to purchase goods compared to another currency."

Exactly. Since the Euro is stronger, it can command less currency to import, like your Amazon.com example, not for stuff in your country. Buying these things from the US (or Japan/China/etc) is going to be cheaper because the currency is weaker, so they're gonna buy a lot. And since they import A LOT they have to pay a lot of trading and import taxes. This makes things more expensive, especially added with the VAT. If the Euro was weaker, it would only be MUCH worse.

I suppose I should have used 'ripped off' instead of 'cheated'.

It still smells of dirty manipulation, though. -_- It's extra suspicious when you note how when europe switched from their old currencies to Euro, prices promptly skyrocketed, especially in Italy and Spain. Our government kept swearing left and right that buying power would stay the same, but in the first year, wagers increased maybe 10%, while prices for goods, especially food, increased 190%.

I'm sure you can see what the problem is, there...
---
#68blunderminePosted 2/5/2013 9:28:54 AM
Dust91 posted...
It's only on the Vita forums that people seem to have a bottomless wallet. Everyone talks about how the 3DS gets like 4 games in just 1 month and that's around $160. I'm no economy expert but spending that much money on games in such a short time would be silly.
Or, perhaps, people make these threads just to troll. I'm not interested in buying a game every 2 weeks because videogames ARE NOT CHEAP!

You're assuming people want to play every game that comes out. In general people only want to play 1 in 5 major titles. Vita is an exception to this because if you only bought 1 in 5 major titles, you would probably only buy 2 games per year.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#69GenocideHeartPosted 2/5/2013 10:03:10 AM
blundermine posted...
Dust91 posted...
It's only on the Vita forums that people seem to have a bottomless wallet. Everyone talks about how the 3DS gets like 4 games in just 1 month and that's around $160. I'm no economy expert but spending that much money on games in such a short time would be silly.
Or, perhaps, people make these threads just to troll. I'm not interested in buying a game every 2 weeks because videogames ARE NOT CHEAP!

You're assuming people want to play every game that comes out. In general people only want to play 1 in 5 major titles. Vita is an exception to this because if you only bought 1 in 5 major titles, you would probably only buy 2 games per year.

Unless you're importing, in which case things are different. I don't want to make too fine a point of it, but the full Vita list is a whole hell of a lot bigger than the US or EU ones, and they have a constant influx of games. And a lot of those games look freaking sweet. I'm still hoping someone will bring Senran Kagura over...
---
#70Dust91Posted 2/5/2013 10:05:07 AM
blundermine posted...
Dust91 posted...

3/10 you need to improve your troll bait skills.