WTF just happened?

#1psprulz2007Posted 2/4/2013 10:32:35 AM
I was downloading Uncharted (to replay it again) and just sat here almost an hour to download. Then when there was 30 seconds left it gave me an error code. I selected to resume download and it started from the very beginning again. WTF just happened?
---
PSN (Vita)+ GT: FeelinKorny
Im not trolling my topic just sucks.
#2psprulz2007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:48:36 AM
I just re downloaded Ridge Racer since it was a smaller download then Uncharted and it just did the exact same thing. Its giving me error code NW-2465-7 which apparently means "could not connect to the server or device. Im not sure as to why it would go the entire download but then instead of finishing it errors out and restarts.
---
#3stargazer64Posted 2/4/2013 10:49:28 AM
It sounds like your download messed up with 30 seconds remaining, and glitched so badly that it couldn't resume from that point.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#4XphoenixedgeXPosted 2/4/2013 10:53:35 AM
stargazer64 posted...
It sounds like your download messed up with 30 seconds remaining, and glitched so badly that it couldn't resume from that point.

Ya think?

Seriously though, in my experience it has happened because of a very weak connection. II remember it happening specifically when the Vita entered sleep mode and then later lost the wifi signal.
I suggest using a stronger wifi connection to prevent this from happening again.
#5psprulz2007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:55:51 AM
Im sitting next to the wireless router. The signal is as strong as the vita can possibly receive. And I wont let it sleep. I turned off router and Vita. Restarted and trying again. Sometimes I regret digital over physical lol.
---
#6XphoenixedgeXPosted 2/4/2013 11:01:05 AM
psprulz2007 posted...
Im sitting next to the wireless router. The signal is as strong as the vita can possibly receive. And I wont let it sleep. I turned off router and Vita. Restarted and trying again. Sometimes I regret digital over physical lol.

Is the Vita plugged in?
I noticed that downloads perform better when the Vita is using AC power. That sucks that it happened to you with a strong signal...I dont get it.
Good luck with your next attempt.
#7psprulz2007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:04:27 AM
I actually dont have the charger since im visiting somebody else to use their internet lol. Didnt think to bring the charger..However I noticed that with both Uncharted and Ridge Racer it has 2 things to download for each game. One being a larger file then the other. The smaller one will download just fine and say ready to install but there being no game icon on the vita but then the larger file screws up at the end.

I figured the smaller file was like an installer or something. Does it matter which order the files download?
---
#8XphoenixedgeXPosted 2/4/2013 11:08:28 AM
It shouldnt matter which files download first. Those smaller files are usually patches or online passes BTW.
I suggest waiting to download Uncharted when you have the Vita plugged in.
#9psprulz2007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:18:28 AM
Thanks for the help. It worked this time. not sure what the deal was.
---