Franchises that are praised by the general, but you dislike with a passion

#11shampoowarriorPosted 2/4/2013 5:52:45 PM
Mass Effect.
So bizarre having one of this gen's biggest RPGs be a cover-based shooter. I did try to like it.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#12j2zon2591Posted 2/4/2013 5:52:57 PM
I don't really have any hatred towards games but i guess it's because I don't have personality.

I generally don't like those Japanese dungeon crawlers, it looks so cheap and archaic..

I probably won't hate them so much if they had more production value though.. like good animations, showing your party and their skill animations, tons of voice acting.

I still can't say that I really "hate" them tho
#132xkrazy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:56:30 PM
Assassin's Creed: lol, it made me dislike all characters with a hooded design, like kat in dmc and the soul sacrifice skin.

Mass Effect: +1 on this.

Sonic the Hedge hog: when was the last good hit?
#14enigma2274Posted 2/4/2013 5:56:50 PM
Final Fantasy
Mario
Kingdom Hearts
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni
#15shampoowarriorPosted 2/4/2013 6:02:06 PM
Assassin's Creed is another one of mine, actually. I don't hate it, but I sure as hell don't understand it.

Played the first one. It was really cool at first, but then it was insanely repetitive. Eventually just stopped caring because I was so bored of doing the same thing over and over and over. Heard the sequel was a lot better, but couldn't be bothered to even put the disc in the machine even though my roommate owned it. Then the commercials for Assassin's Creed 3 and it being set in the Civil War just looked incredibly stupid. Oh well.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#16SplatterHouse55Posted 2/4/2013 6:10:35 PM
"Dislike with a passion" is a little too dramatic for me - I tend to simply ignore future releases of games I couldn't particularly get into. That being said, series that I simply couldn't get into that seem to sell like crazy are "Gran Turismo" and "Smash Bros".

When it comes to "Gran Turismo", I just prefer to play arcade racers like Midnight Club, Need for Speed, or Burnout. Gran Turismo is just too realistic for my tastes, and I tend to lose interest in it rather quickly.

Smash Bros., on the other hand, is a little too simple for me. I mean, it's mildly fun for 10 minutes, but I couldn't imagine playing this for hours at a time the way the some people can. PSASB has a very similar quality to it where I can't force myself to play it any longer than 15-20 minutes - It's ok in short spurts, but I can't take it as seriously as i would a more conventional fighter like Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur.
#17onehatesyouPosted 2/4/2013 6:25:55 PM
any call of duty past 2
shenmue
all the sonic games in the last decade
dynasty warriors
any professional sports game
with the exception of pokemon eveything by nintendo
peter molyneax games especially the fable series
everything by platinum games
all the wii games/ kinect / ps move
anything that says lego
---
gt: r1c0tta
#18dj___rollPosted 2/4/2013 6:28:56 PM
Quote:Final Fantasy...totally gay.
@Rehab520
So... Fabulous and fierce?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#19DaMan1900Posted 2/4/2013 6:31:44 PM(edited)
Halo (after 3)
Gears
Forza
Fable (after 1)
Elder Scrolls
Mass Effect 1
SOCOM (this gens outiings)
ratchet and clank (after the last full game release i forget the name)
ninja gaiden
AC (these are the most boring games ever)
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#20kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 6:31:15 PM
Metal Gear Solid series. 40 minute cut scenes followed by 10 minutes of game play is not a game it's an interactive movie.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214