Franchises that are praised by the general, but you dislike with a passion

#51FindmeElseweyrPosted 2/4/2013 9:24:10 PM
Persona. Love the SMT series, but I hate persona with a passion.
Megaman. Just don't see the big deal.
Mainline Final Fantasy. Boring stuff. Spinoffs are usually pretty fun though.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf
#52funguy10Posted 2/4/2013 9:30:32 PM
mass effect, skyrim, james bond, halo, gears of war, call of duty, NHL by EA, bassically i cant stand MS,EA, franchise games. as they milk the gamers for their cash. i wish halo and gears of war. would just finish them off already. i want fresh, original IPs. which is why i'm not buying the new systems.
#53TNist1048Posted 2/4/2013 9:37:28 PM
Kingdom Hearts: What started as a charming game with an interesting premise has now become some bizarre labyrinthine plot that would make anything Lewis Carrol came up with up with on an acid trip seem normal by comparison. Nomura has basically become the M. Night of RPGs because of this.

Mass Effect: It has some really good things about it but it also highlights some of the worst aspects of genericness that characterize many western RPGs these days.

Street Fighter: A fighting series that has become known more for Capcom's outrageous DLC practices than for its fighting systems. It's also became a haven for psycho fans that crap all over other fighting games.

Monster Hunter: Sadly this series has become a magnet for elitists who have then gone on to troll similar games in a twisted form of backlash at their preferred series not seeing much localization.

Bethesda in General: If there's one thing I despise it's poor quality management in games. Given some of the bugs that show up in Bethesda developed titles you can really tell that they don't give a crap about QA at all. It's really sad given that the Elder Scrolls and Fallout have so much untapped potential that will never see the light of day because Bethesda can't bother to put forth the effort to make quality products.

Legend of Zelda: A series that has allowed a reliance on gimmicks to overshadow the potential for new and exciting dungeon puzzles. It's gotten to the point that playing a LoZ games has become a boring chore rather than a fun experience.

Mario Games: In the 80s and 90s Mario was a video game legend. In the 21st Century Mario has become the video game equivalent of Wolverine and Drizzt Do'Urden being pimped out to everything that Nintendo can think of. It's such an embarrassment that Luigi is actually starting to become the more respectable brother.

Dragon Quest: Fight Demon Lord, kill Demon Lord. That sums up the generic repetition of Dragon Quest's plots. I have a sneaking suspicion that they let Toriyama write most of the story in addition to doing the art and he keeps defaulting to DBZ mode.
#54BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/4/2013 9:37:46 PM
Minecraft- it just looks weird and for a building game it sure looks terrible.

I hate to sound like a hater but....every recent Sony game i cringe at it because it looks boring. The only Playstation game that I liked was Dark Cloud and it was fantastic. I wonder what happened to it.
---
Greatness comes from within
#55GothicAngel19Posted 2/4/2013 9:47:35 PM
The_Limit posted...
Zelda, they're good games, but I think that Ocarina of Time is overrated.
Ocarina is overrated. My opinion it's the weakest Zelda game in the series but when ever I mention anything about this so called precious game I get attacked as well. I can think of much better Zelda games let alone other games much better than this one.
---
Link to the Past > Ocarina of Time
#56BarneyBoscoPosted 2/4/2013 9:47:41 PM
Everyone who posted a negative comment will be forced to play mine sweeper for 144,000 thousand years before they inevitably die.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#57R_ChampPosted 2/4/2013 9:53:37 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Minecraft- it just looks weird and for a building game it sure looks terrible.

I hate to sound like a hater but....every recent Sony game i cringe at it because it looks boring. The only Playstation game that I liked was Dark Cloud and it was fantastic. I wonder what happened to it.

I don't think it'd be a system seller but a return of Dark Cloud would be great.

On topic: Kingdom Hearts. I wouldn't say I dislike it with a passion, but I don't really care if they make another one.

Dragon Age: Again, I don't dislike it with a passion, but I don't see the fuss. People were whining about DA2 being so bad, when I didn't even really like the first that much.

Maybe Sony games. I can't say for sure because I mostly backed out after the abortion Jak III.
#58Limp_sugarPosted 2/4/2013 9:55:22 PM
BigReed posted...
Most of Sony's owned franchises.

This. Most of all uncharted. I'd rather just watch a movie and hold the remote the whole time.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#59spdykPosted 2/4/2013 9:56:47 PM
Resident Evil and all the other games where you have to kill zombies.
#60DarkPhoenix424Posted 2/4/2013 10:00:04 PM
Mass Effect. 1 was decent but 2 and 3 were terrible. I hate seeing all of the undeserved praise this series gets.
---
In Omnia Paratus... In All Things Prepared
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind