Franchises that are praised by the general, but you dislike with a passion

#81Chaos_MissilePosted 2/5/2013 1:20:03 AM
Nintendo series in general, particularly anything Mario, Zelda, SSB related.

One of the Top 10 list quoted what I said about both the Mario and Zelda series and I'm going to repaste the relevent quote portion here:
Mario? Run and jump and maybe your way to enemies. Rinse and repeat
Zelda? Collect the same weapons by a different name, defeat boss, collect heart, beat Ganon. Rinse repeat

And they say Megaman was repetative and formulaic.

Also, probably SC, WC(post WC3/TFT only), CoD and probably FFVII.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#82RikusTwilightPosted 2/5/2013 1:29:11 AM
Mario? Run and jump and maybe your way to enemies. Rinse and repeat
Zelda? Collect the same weapons by a different name, defeat boss, collect heart, beat Ganon. Rinse repeat

You could boil any game down to that kind of logic though. ANY game.

On topic though -

For me personally it's gotta be Uncharted, God of War, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Dragon Age and Fallout.

Fallout is a weird one as I think I just don't like the setting. I can play Oblivion and Skyrim for hours and not get bored, but Fallout? Bleh.
#83Megaman OmegaPosted 2/5/2013 2:47:19 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Basically any First-person shooting game in existence.

---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#84noutBrPosted 2/5/2013 3:00:55 AM(edited)
Dislike with a passion sounds awfully close to hate IMO, it's practically the same thing. Hating is waste of energy so no I don't hate any franchise even if it's not my cup of tea.

Probably the biggest popular franchise I don't care for is GTA, the games are of good quality but I just get bored before I even complete half the game. But despite that I still keep an open mind and I don't dismiss new games if I haven't played them or now what is different about them.

EDIT: And shame on the people who hate on the building blocks of todays games. Mario, Zelda, Mega Man and Final Fantasy helped shape modern games. Even if their latest entries were not up to your standards you can't just deny their (positive) impact they've had on their respective genres.

I'm glad I don't know any of you close-minded (fanboyish) guys irl, ignorance is annoying.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#85Shadow-AngelPosted 2/5/2013 2:59:51 AM
Grand Theft Auto
---
The power you seek lies within you.
#86wordlife13Posted 2/5/2013 3:16:07 AM
How has no one pointed out that this thread is off topic and belongs in a video game general discussion board. Like, oh I don't know, this one; http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/213-nonstop-gaming-general

Also the fact that this thread made it 9 pages without getting moved further proves that the GameFAQs boards DESPERATELY need mods..
---
Kobe couldn't have done it if he was on the Cavs for 7 years either.
#87DukeCoudrayPosted 2/5/2013 3:18:52 AM
Halo
Gears Of War
Assassins Creed
Bioshock
Call Of Duty (or the FPS genre in general)
Mass Effect 3
#88MishimotsuPosted 2/5/2013 3:22:32 AM(edited)
I can't really say dislike with a passion, but don't really care for

most JRPGs
pokemon
monster hunter
gears of war
zelda
kingdom hearts
majority of mmorpgs
mass effect
final fantasy
---
PS3 and Vita : Mishimotsu
Recently Played : NFSMW, Rayman, LBP Vita / Killzone 3 (PS3)
#89noutBrPosted 2/5/2013 3:36:22 AM
wordlife13 posted...
How has no one pointed out that this thread is off topic and belongs in a video game general discussion board. Like, oh I don't know, this one; http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/213-nonstop-gaming-general

Also the fact that this thread made it 9 pages without getting moved further proves that the GameFAQs boards DESPERATELY need mods..

Not everything has to be directly about the system or game the message board is for. Sometimes it is also interesting or useful to have these kind of topics with a certain crowd, like people asking if they should play the Last Story on the Xenoblade board.

Oh and you should hurry up and go to your message board settings to set the number of posts on one page to 50, this thread is still only on page 2 for me ;)
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#90wordlife13Posted 2/5/2013 4:18:00 AM
noutBr posted...
wordlife13 posted...

Not everything has to be directly about the system or game the message board is for. Sometimes it is also interesting or useful to have these kind of topics with a certain crowd, like people asking if they should play the Last Story on the Xenoblade board.

Oh and you should hurry up and go to your message board settings to set the number of posts on one page to 50, this thread is still only on page 2 for me ;)

Clearly you're missing the point of what I'm saying, so I'll elaborate for you. This thread is the definition of a general gaming discussion and is not even comparable to "people asking if they should play the Last Story on the Xenoblade board"

Not everyone has to use your message board settings ;)
---
Kobe couldn't have done it if he was on the Cavs for 7 years either.