Franchises that are praised by the general, but you dislike with a passion

#91The_DjokerPosted 2/5/2013 5:46:26 AM(edited)
Persona. Love the SMT series, but I hate persona with a passion.
Megaman. Just don't see the big deal.
Mainline Final Fantasy. Boring stuff. Spinoffs are usually pretty fun though.

This topic is stupid. Why would you hate something with a passion other than being butthurt it's popular?

I hate a few series, but my hate towards them is my own dislike for the game. To hate it with passion means you have to go beyond just hating for for mechanical reasons. Taking it personally. Seriously it's just stupid.

IF you said do I hate certain fanboys with a passion then yes.

My point is "with a passion" is silly. You only hate something with a passion for a reason, be it the annoying rabid fanboys or your own views constantly being challenged.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#92noutBrPosted 2/5/2013 5:58:29 AM
wordlife13 posted...
Clearly you're missing the point of what I'm saying, so I'll elaborate for you. This thread is the definition of a general gaming discussion and is not even comparable to "people asking if they should play the Last Story on the Xenoblade board"

Not everyone has to use your message board settings ;)

I have a perfect understanding of what you are trying to say so I'll give another example.

By your logic any topic on the Vita system board that discusses a certain game should be moved to their respective game board. Yes, this topic could be classified as a general gaming discussion but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be possible to discuss such things on other boards too.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#93KAMMYqueenPosted 2/5/2013 6:08:38 AM
any shooting games
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#94wordlife13Posted 2/5/2013 6:45:08 AM
noutBr posted...
wordlife13 posted...
Clearly you're missing the point of what I'm saying, so I'll elaborate for you. This thread is the definition of a general gaming discussion and is not even comparable to "people asking if they should play the Last Story on the Xenoblade board"

I have a perfect understanding of what you are trying to say so I'll give another example.

By your logic any topic on the Vita system board that discusses a certain game should be moved to their respective game board. Yes, this topic could be classified as a general gaming discussion but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be possible to discuss such things on other boards too.

Well obviously you don't have a perfect understanding so I'll once again elaborate even further.

To use your logic "people asking if they should play the Last Story on the Xenoblade board" a topic like that would be just fine as it's someone asking if they like Xenoblade would they like Last Story or something to that effect. This as I previously said is the definition of a general gaming discussion and is about as far from relevant to the Vita as you can get.

And with that I'm done going back and forth with you because if you don't get it by now, you're not going to get it no matter what level of clearity is given to you.
---
Kobe couldn't have done it if he was on the Cavs for 7 years either.
#95BahamutBBobPosted 2/5/2013 7:43:27 AM
Uncharted
Call of Duty

I will admit, I'm enjoying Golden Abyss (in chapter 31) where I didn't enjoy any of the PS3 Uncharteds. I'm also enjoying Black Ops 2 more than I should be, considering my intense dislike for every other game I've played in the series.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#96shampoowarriorPosted 2/5/2013 7:45:54 AM
wordlife13 posted...
noutBr posted...
wordlife13 posted...

Well obviously you don't have a perfect understanding so I'll once again elaborate even further.

To use your logic "people asking if they should play the Last Story on the Xenoblade board" a topic like that would be just fine as it's someone asking if they like Xenoblade would they like Last Story or something to that effect. This as I previously said is the definition of a general gaming discussion and is about as far from relevant to the Vita as you can get.

And with that I'm done going back and forth with you because if you don't get it by now, you're not going to get it no matter what level of clearity is given to you.

Lol, everyone gets it. You're just being a tool.
Although, I don't get your counter-example. S*** made no sense. Your command of sentence structure is more like a hesitant suggestion and whatever point you were trying to make is encrypted in your jumble of words.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#97dancer62Posted 2/5/2013 7:58:28 AM
The_Djoker posted...

This topic is stupid. Why would you hate something with a passion other than being butthurt it's popular?

I hate a few series, but my hate towards them is my own dislike for the game. To hate it with passion means you have to go beyond just hating for for mechanical reasons. Taking it personally. Seriously it's just stupid.

Dislike with a passion? I can work up a pretty good mad thinking about the money I spent on Birth By Sleep, hyped as a decent game and worth playing. Sigh!

I don't have to work at a sense of irritation for worn-out Nintendo franchises, constantly running into references to Mario/Pokemon/Zelda is annoying.

Sonic, I just feel pity for, started out great, has since fallen on hard times.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#98ejay8320Posted 2/5/2013 8:04:37 AM
Final Fantasy - From 12 and Up - Whats with the automated teammates?

Oblivion/Skyrim - The game has such great back stories, but the game mechanics are just so shallow, it makes me sad...

Pokemon - Not a bad game but a series with one of the key parts of the game being evolution, the game lacks its own evolution.

I don't dislike Zelda, but its been hit or miss this IP, Hated Windwaker & Skysword, but enjoyed twilight princess...
#99GradyHooverPosted 2/5/2013 8:19:23 AM
2xkrazy posted...

InFAMOUS - This just needs to die..

Now, I understand not liking a franchise personally, but do you really need to hate it so much that you take that pleasure away from others?

I mean, I have no love for God of War. NONE. I take no pleasure in an action game where my hits on my enemies feel like I'm gently flicking the ear of a sheep, and Kratos is King Douche of All Time. But I don't begrudge other people their love of the series, even if I can't understand it.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#100wordlife13Posted 2/5/2013 8:51:14 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
wordlife13 posted...
noutBr posted...
wordlife13 posted...

Lol, everyone gets it. You're just being a tool.
Although, I don't get your counter-example. S*** made no sense. Your command of sentence structure is more like a hesitant suggestion and whatever point you were trying to make is encrypted in your jumble of words.

Encrypted?!? My point is beyond easy to understand, maybe you should try acctually reading my posts.

And I dissagree, I dont think there's anything toolish about pointing out that the entire thread is completely off topic and belongs on a different board.
---
Kobe couldn't have done it if he was on the Cavs for 7 years either.