Thinking of buying a Vita

#1reigin383Posted 2/4/2013 6:59:46 PM
I have the PSP Go and love it, but I've been debating on buying a Vita. So, I would like all of your thoughts on the Vita. I trust you guys before any sales clerk lol. What I want to know is:
1.) How does it play? As in is it comfortable, easy access to buttons, etc.
2.) Are there a lot of games that are "time-consuming?" As in games that you start playing at night and next minute it's dawn?
3.) What memory stick would you recommend?
4.) Am I able to stick the unit itself and the charger into a coat?
5.) Can you play youtube on the browser?
6.) Is there a second generation coming soon?
I've seen quite a bit of games for it that I like, so I have an idea what games I want, but feel free to recommend me some more. I have tax returns coming in so hopefully I'll pick it up soon after reading what you guys wrote and much thought. I ask about a second generation because Sony get it's right the second time lolol but that's a minor factor in my decision. Thanks in advance.
---
I'm not a fiend, just persistent in my being
#2The_LimitPosted 2/4/2013 7:02:27 PM
1. YES!
2. YES!
3. At least an 8 GB.
4. Probably, depends on the coat.
5. There's an app for that. Never tried from the browser.
6. *shrugs*

Buy Persona 4 Golden! You'll thank me later! :D
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/guPrF0X.jpg
#3reigin383(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:03:08 PM
Oh I forgot two more questions:
1.) How is the online communuity? As in will it be easy to get into multiplayer games? Any lag?
2.) What is special about the 3G model?
---
#4sausage54Posted 2/4/2013 7:04:27 PM
Search the pages and use the "search" function. You will find all your answers. Don't get to caught up in the DS vs Vita threads.

My opinion great system with some top notch first party, third party, and ports to play. Also allows PSP and PS1 games. If you plan to be strictly digital or purchase many games I totally recommend 32 GB hard drive. Good luck with your search for answers.
---
The only thing I can control is my EFFORT, ATTITUDE, and, FOCUS.
#5reigin383(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:08:26 PM
Persona 4 Golden was on my list I loved Persona 3 Portable. And thanks for the answers I'll search around. Oh and one more question I promise lol, how does the cross play or whatever work? I heard that certain PS3 games can give you a free copy of that same game for Vita?
---
#6gldooriiPosted 2/4/2013 7:11:21 PM
reigin383 posted...
I have the PSP Go and love it, but I've been debating on buying a Vita. So, I would like all of your thoughts on the Vita. I trust you guys before any sales clerk lol. What I want to know is:
1.) How does it play? As in is it comfortable, easy access to buttons, etc.
2.) Are there a lot of games that are "time-consuming?" As in games that you start playing at night and next minute it's dawn?
3.) What memory stick would you recommend?
4.) Am I able to stick the unit itself and the charger into a coat?
5.) Can you play youtube on the browser?
6.) Is there a second generation coming soon?
I've seen quite a bit of games for it that I like, so I have an idea what games I want, but feel free to recommend me some more. I have tax returns coming in so hopefully I'll pick it up soon after reading what you guys wrote and much thought. I ask about a second generation because Sony get it's right the second time lolol but that's a minor factor in my decision. Thanks in advance.

1) Personally, I think it's more comfortable than the PSP, which I thought was the most comfortable hand held I've used. I love the buttons and the dpad is great. The analog sticks work very well. I have no complaints about any of the controls.

2) This was Uncharted for me. It was the first of the series I had ever played and got hooked. I also spend a lot of time with fighters. Of course, there is always Disgaea if you want something that's going to kill every minute of every day for ya.

3) This is the ongoing debate with most people. Get whatever memory stick you can afford...because they can be pricey. a 32GB stick is anywhere between $80-$100 usually. If you plan on doing anything with digital downloads, PS+ etc, then you'll need the room. If you only want to save, then a 4GB is plenty.

4) Ummm I dunno, depends on the coat? I keep mine in a case and in my bag. I won't keep it in my pocket because I don't want the analogs to snag on something

5) I've never tried through the browser because there is a native YouTube app you can download for the Vita.

6) No news at all about a second generation. I think they're having enough problems with sales with the first gen to even release another model anytime soon. Honestly, there really is nothing wrong with this one, unlike how the first PSP had its issues. I wouldn't worry about buying it and having another one come out anytime soon.

7) The 3G model is pretty useless, but its attraction is being able to use it on a carrier's 3G network...which you'll have to pay monthly for. That's the only difference.

8) The online community seems fine for the games I've tried. There is the typical minor lag at some times but I've only encountered that with some of the fighters. CoD played fine on multiplayer.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#7gldooriiPosted 2/4/2013 7:16:58 PM
reigin383 posted...
Persona 4 Golden was on my list I loved Persona 3 Portable. And thanks for the answers I'll search around. Oh and one more question I promise lol, how does the cross play or whatever work? I heard that certain PS3 games can give you a free copy of that same game for Vita?

That would be Cross-Buy. An example of Cross-Play would be being able to play Dead or Alive 5 on the Vita against opponents playing it on the PS3. Cross-Buy is where the PS3 game comes with the Vita digital version for free. The new Sly Cooper has that as well as Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, or whatever it's called.. I feel like there is one more, but it can't seem to recall it... Some games have DLC that is compatible with both the Vita and console versions such as Pinball FX and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. You buy the DLC for either PS3 or Vita version and it's useable on the other.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix