Final Fantasy Question

#1Supergamecube14Posted 2/4/2013 7:23:04 PM
I know I might get a lot of flak for asking opinions, but the Final Fantasy sale starts tomorrow and I'm torn between Duodecim and IX. I know they're both good games in their own right, but I can only get one. IX is one of the best reviewed FF games, but I'm curious if it feels "dated" to anyone who's played it recently? Does it still hold up against the test of time? I've never played it before and I think I'm interested. Otherwise, I'll get Duodecim because I think I will enjoy that game also.

I like both fighters and JRPGs, so that doesn't really help my decision.
---
I am become sig.
#2sasukexiinPosted 2/4/2013 7:26:29 PM
get 9.

duodecim in a dissidia prequal. and while dissidia is fun, 9 is an actual turn based final fantasy game, and really awesome.
---
Pokemon Black: 0003 2641 0962
#3GodMWOLFPosted 2/4/2013 7:27:43 PM
Wait there's a FF sale tommarow?No ******* way!!
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#4gldooriiPosted 2/4/2013 7:32:23 PM(edited)
Do you have a PSP? There is a Duodecim demo on there for it to give you a taste of the gameplay. You really can't go wrong with either that or FFIX, but it all really depends on what kind of game you're wanting. One is mainly a fighter, while one is clearly a traditional RPG. I think regardless of the graphics FF7, 8, and 9 will hold up for a long time.

---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#5The_LimitPosted 2/4/2013 7:31:38 PM
Dissidia 012.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/guPrF0X.jpg
#6The_LimitPosted 2/4/2013 7:32:48 PM
gldoorii posted...
Do you have a PSP? There is a Duodecim demo on there for it to give you a taste of the gameplay. You really can't go wrong with either that or FFIX, but it all really depends on what kind of game you're wanting. One is mainly a fighter, while one is clearly a traditional RPG. I think regardless of the graphics FF7, 8, and 9 will hold up for a long time.

GodMWOLF posted...

I think that's for the EU store, not NA.

It IS in NA.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/guPrF0X.jpg
#7rpglover13Posted 2/4/2013 7:33:21 PM
gldoorii posted...

GodMWOLF posted...

I think that's for the EU store, not NA.

Nope, according to other topics, it's for NA too. @TC as all have said, both are great. I would go for Duodecim just because you will be saving more money, and FF9, being cheaper, will be easier to buy later. It just makes more sense to get a $20 game for $10 rather than a $10 game for $5 since both are quality games.
#8backguard222Posted 2/4/2013 8:23:10 PM
Definitely 9.
#9ThamauturgePosted 2/4/2013 8:36:24 PM
Get both.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#10Supergamecube14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:06:45 PM
gldoorii posted...

OK, thanks everyone. I do have a PSP so I'm going to play the Duodecim demo before I decide. And yes to the person who asked, the sale starts tomorrow on NA PSN and I think it lasts for two weeks =) To be honest, I'm actually a little disappointed I missed out on the Atlus sale a while back too. I would love to have Persona 3 FES and/or P3P for a discount.
---
I am become sig.