Sly 4 - cross buy then sell disc?

#1drags_Posted 2/4/2013 10:18:18 PM
So you put the disc in the PS3 then enter a code there to link it to your account right?

I am thinking about buying this and linking it to my account then selling the PS3 game to my buddy or gamestop for $20, this would work right? I know it is a cheap thing to do but if I can get the game even cheaper then I am going to take advantage of it.
#2kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 10:21:39 PM
You could sell it but gamestop is onto that so they will probably give you $5. You could trick your buddy though.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#3uniquecutieVERSPosted 2/4/2013 10:22:00 PM
You pay $40'at GameStop

You hackle some of your friends to buy a not so popular game that's already opened for $20 sure I can see a regular joe falling for that....but if he catches on what you did he likely will want the vita version.....I dunno it will be hard to sell a sly game people that want it will have it on release day so.....
---
Waiting on Valkrie Profile: DL to release for the Vita. It's like the best RPG game there is there was and will ever be!!
facebook/lasexidyme
#4brycemorrPosted 2/4/2013 10:24:14 PM
If the game comes out for 60 bucks with cross buy and you sell it for 20 when the Vita version is likely to be 40 bucks. Nope your better off just buying the Vita version alone.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#5kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 10:27:12 PM
brycemorr posted...
If the game comes out for 60 bucks with cross buy and you sell it for 20 when the Vita version is likely to be 40 bucks. Nope your better off just buying the Vita version alone.

Yeah TC would have to make more than $10 on the game to make any kind of discount. Gamestop will not give you more than that but if he can get more than $10 from his buddy he will save whatever more he makes.
---
#6drags_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:31:11 PM
kingofall214 posted...
brycemorr posted...

Yeah TC would have to make more than $10 on the game to make any kind of discount. Gamestop will not give you more than that but if he can get more than $10 from his buddy he will save whatever more he makes.

The game launches for $40, my friend might be interested in buying the disc for $20. He doesn't have a Vita so he doesn't care about it, unless the Vita version is cheaper than $20 we will be walking away with a good deal.
#7kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 10:32:59 PM
drags_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
brycemorr posted...

The game launches for $40, my friend might be interested in buying the disc for $20. He doesn't have a Vita so he doesn't care about it, unless the Vita version is cheaper than $20 we will be walking away with a good deal.

Yeah with sly the ps3 with vita game is $40. The vita only version is $30 If you can sell it to him for $20 you will save $10 so do it if you can.
---
#8uniquecutieVERSPosted 2/4/2013 10:41:10 PM
kingofall214 posted...
drags_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
brycemorr posted...

Yeah with sly the ps3 with vita game is $40. The vita only version is $30 If you can sell it to him for $20 you will save $10 so do it if you can.

You have to include tax...($3) so he is making about $7. That's enough to buy premium chicken sandwhich combo at zaxby's.....ouch
---
Waiting on Valkrie Profile: DL to release for the Vita. It's like the best RPG game there is there was and will ever be!!
facebook/lasexidyme
#9kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 10:42:29 PM
uniquecutieVERS posted...
kingofall214 posted...
drags_ posted...
kingofall214 posted...
brycemorr posted...

You have to include tax...($3) so he is making about $7. That's enough to buy premium chicken sandwhich combo at zaxby's.....ouch

He could live in a state with no sales tax like New Hampshire.
---
#10Elements012894Posted 2/4/2013 10:43:41 PM
If its anything like all stars, then yup that works perfectly.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.