Sold 8 Vitas at GameStop

#61Steve_TeddiePosted 2/6/2013 11:04:44 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
And this was just my morning shift!

A group of friends came in, wanting to buy 3DSes so they could play Mario Kart 7 together. However, one of them saw the Vita demo unit and became interested. I then proceeded to show them what a real Vita was truly capable of. Needless to say, they were thouroughly convinced. 8 peeople walked out of Gamestop happy with their Vita purchases and a new copy of Modnation Racers: Road Trip.

Can't wait to see how this goes after my lunch break.

you are why i hate gamestop. i hate it when i know what i want to buy and they say "oh this game or system is better"

but they came in for the better system and left with the flops...

The 3DS is not better than the Vita. It does have better games though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#62StrikeNinja24Posted 2/6/2013 11:21:04 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
Looks like I'll be getting a raise :-)

Yeah, that is not how it works at Gamestop.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#63GenocideHeartPosted 2/6/2013 11:22:09 AM
Quite frankly, whether a system is a flop to me or not entirely depends on whether it has game I actually give a damn for. The 3DS, in that regard, is a bigger flop in my eyes since I care for all of 4 games on it, and the rest might as well be shovelware to me. Even the Vita, with a fraction of its game variety, has more stuff I want to play.

The same happened with PSP and DS... bought DS first, own all of 11 games for it. Bought PSP later, have 30+ games for it. It's all a matter of a system having what I want. If it does not, then as far as *I* am concerned, it flopped because it fails to do what it's supposed to, ie entertain me.

It's as simple as that, really.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#64William_18Posted 2/6/2013 11:24:10 AM
I've only been going to the Vita board for 2 days and already I am tired of you.

Ignored
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#65FlaccidKratosPosted 2/6/2013 1:42:54 PM
Keep up the excellent work, TC. At this rate, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, and Kelloggs will be out of business by this weekend.
#66inuyasha1031Posted 2/6/2013 2:47:25 PM
15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fhluz.jpg
#67McMarblesPosted 2/6/2013 2:53:07 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
Quite frankly, whether a system is a flop to me or not entirely depends on whether it has game I actually give a damn for. The 3DS, in that regard, is a bigger flop in my eyes since I care for all of 4 games on it, and the rest might as well be shovelware to me. Even the Vita, with a fraction of its game variety, has more stuff I want to play.

The same happened with PSP and DS... bought DS first, own all of 11 games for it. Bought PSP later, have 30+ games for it. It's all a matter of a system having what I want. If it does not, then as far as *I* am concerned, it flopped because it fails to do what it's supposed to, ie entertain me.

It would be if you controlled all reality. Pretty sure you don't.
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#68wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/6/2013 2:58:42 PM
Air_Gear_ posted...
I then proceeded to show them what a real Vita was truly capable of. Needless to say, they were thouroughly convinced.

Andthisreallyhappened.gif
#69GenocideHeartPosted 2/6/2013 3:41:49 PM
McMarbles posted...
GenocideHeart posted...

It would be if you controlled all reality. Pretty sure you don't.

Let me quote myself.

Quite frankly, whether a system is a flop to me or not

to me

to me

Quoted twice for emphasis. Since you're apparently incapable of grasping that I expressed an OPINION. Do try and pay attention to what people are actually SAYING before trying to sound all witty. Failure to do so tends to make someone just sound like a fool.

And to be honest, that opinion SHOULD be what matters to players, as well. Who the hell cares whether a console sells a hundred trillion units or just 35, so long as there are games you can have fun with on it and you want them? If I had to base myself solely on sales I'd never have bought a N64 and would have missed out on Mischief Makers, Zelda OoT, MM, Ogre Battle 64 and the original SSB.

So nuts to that. I'll buy a console so long as it has games I find to be fun and worth playing, and any inane discussion about it 'flopping' because it isn't super-popular among today's self-entitled bratlings is immaterial to me, because as far as I'm concerned a console is only a true 'flop' when I can't find a single adequately good reason to actually PLAY on it.

And the fact a bunch of them are ports is not an excuse to justify trolling. So are the various FF remakes, with only minor additions in most cases, and that does nothing to impede people enjoying them anyway.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#70Air_Gear_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:50:19 PM
Flop means, and has always meant commercial failure. Its not something that's up to you to define.