Anybody sick of rebuying digital copies of games you own on the PSN store?

#11The_DjokerPosted 2/5/2013 9:22:12 AM
I'll be honest. I probably owned about 3 UMD games on PSP. Seriously. UMD were horrible. The worst format for a game ever. Worse than the Amstrad Cassette.

And PSP's are $30 used. Keep your damn PSP.Most PSP games on Vita look rubbish anyway. Your topic title implies people are forced to rebuy it. They are not.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#12mrekliPosted 2/5/2013 9:36:00 AM
The_Djoker posted...
I'll be honest. I probably owned about 3 UMD games on PSP. Seriously. UMD were horrible. The worst format for a game ever. Worse than the Amstrad Cassette.

And PSP's are $30 used. Keep your damn PSP.Most PSP games on Vita look rubbish anyway. Your topic title implies people are forced to rebuy it. They are not.

I felt the same way. Also the form factor of the PSP made it painful for me to play games. Couldn't get used to the analog nub.

Going to PSN for PSP games hasn't been an issue for me personally.
---
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.
#13TheKonamiManPosted 2/5/2013 9:42:04 AM
I only re-bought a couple PSP games on the PSN I already had on UMD because I liked them enough to want them on my Vita so I could play them when I just had my Vita with me. There were also a couple I did because they were on sale for a good price.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/TheKonamiMan/sig/SilentSig.jpg
|A|L|I|E|N|S| - My Anti-Drug
#14BigReedPosted 2/5/2013 9:51:22 AM
Yeah, I don't get this. Don't rebuy them then.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#15SaintdantePosted 2/5/2013 9:55:45 AM
Not really... when the go was announced I pretty much went digital only from that point on so I didn't actually lose that much the only games in my collection that I can't rebuy digtally are my Dj max games.
#16darkphiresagePosted 2/5/2013 10:20:39 AM
i only bother to buy games i already had on my psp if they are, or are on sale for < $10. the only exception is MH and most likely god eater at some future date since ge2 will import data.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#17backguard222Posted 2/5/2013 11:29:11 AM
I agree with everyone else.

The PSP is generally the superior place to play PSP games because of video out. Some games are better on the Vita if they make good use of the extra analog stick (Peace Walker).
#18ChemicalBurritoPosted 2/5/2013 11:50:15 AM
Mishimotsu posted...

Now my Vita is 100% digital… which while pricey is awesome! :D Just wish they have a 64gb card now…

Well, you *can* have 64GB ... on a PSP. It's really too bad Sony went with yet another proprietary memory format rather than (their own) MS Pro Duo or SD. It's not like the Vita is so small only a tiny card would fit.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Ni no Kuni (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#19triple_leiPosted 2/5/2013 11:59:18 AM
Not really, because:

1) I was buying digital whenever they were available, and
2) I kept my PSPs anyway.
#20TinyTim123Posted 2/5/2013 12:18:03 PM
I will bring up the same point I brought up on the 3DS boards.

Don't sell your old systems!

Seriously, people didn't sell off their Super Nintendo system and expect the N64 to play all the SNES games. I realize that Sony's backward compatibility has spoiled people, but seriously, quit selling your old systems. If you sell it, then don't expect to play your old games again. It really is that simple.
I had zero digital content for my PSP, because it wasn't an option. The games I truly valued enough to play on my Vita were worth paying for again. There are some games that aren't available on PSN that I would buy digitally because I liked them that much, mainly PoPoLoCrois. But at the same time, I still own my PSP, so it is no big deal for me to pop the UMD in and play. I can do that with my XBox, even if the 360 does not support BC for that game.
It's not a mind boggling proposal. Don't sell old systems willy nilly unless you are absolutely certain you never want to play anything on it ever again.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/