Sly Cooper: Game Informer 9/10, GamesRadar 9/10, and IGN 8/10

#1GradyHooverPosted 2/5/2013 11:48:39 AM
Hey, just figured I'd balance out the other topic. It's only fair.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#2Ricky_in_3DPosted 2/5/2013 11:51:18 AM
I love you, Mr. Hoover.
---
3DS FC:1289-8653-8085
Currently Playing: MK7, OoT3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising
#3FierceJelloPosted 2/5/2013 11:51:43 AM
Isn't GameInformer wholly owned by GameStop and therefore it has a massive conflict of interest? And isn't IGN notorious for grade inflation in order to maintain preferential publisher access? And who are GamesRadar?

But I guess if you're desperate for validation, I can see why you'd cite them. Beggars can't be choosers.
#4stargazer64Posted 2/5/2013 11:52:32 AM
*intertwines fingers*

Mmmmyes, my Metacritic prediction of 71 is shaping up nicely. Mwahahaha.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#5RotuhiiriPosted 2/5/2013 11:52:36 AM
My topic was still the most balanced because it's the closest to the Metacritic score (77) with IGN's 8.0 review.

I also posted both mediocre and praising reviews in it.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#6mike_411Posted 2/5/2013 11:58:01 AM
FierceJello posted...
Isn't GameInformer wholly owned by GameStop and therefore it has a massive conflict of interest? And isn't IGN notorious for grade inflation in order to maintain preferential publisher access? And who are GamesRadar?

But I guess if you're desperate for validation, I can see why you'd cite them. Beggars can't be choosers.

don't bring your sour grapes in here, you asked for this. :)
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#7GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:01:30 PM
FierceJello posted...
Isn't GameInformer wholly owned by GameStop and therefore it has a massive conflict of interest?

In what sense? What would be the conflict of interest? I mean, Game Informer rates all kinds of games poorly, so if they're supposed to give everything positive reviews in order to get more sales, they're sucking balls at doing so.

And wouldn't it be bad form for them to review NEW games well at all, considering that GameStop's profits come almost entirely from used game sales? They should really take to reviewing games that came out two years ago or something. Now there's some phat cash.

And isn't IGN notorious for grade inflation in order to maintain preferential publisher access?

Never heard that accusation, no. I've heard of other accusations against IGN, but that's a brand new one that you just made up right now. Put your tinfoil hats on, kids. Regardless, they ARE the biggest video game news/review site on the web, whether we like it or not. I don't always like it, but their voice matters anyway, even when I disagree...

And who are GamesRadar?

....seriously? Are you just really young or...

OK, do you know who Daily Radar was? If you don't, it's fine, they were pretty much a major gaming site back in the late '90s/early '00s. They predated a lot of the sites that people visit now, and they eventually became GamesRadar.

GamesRadar is also the online arm of PC Gamer magazine, and is owned by the same publishing company that used to bring us The Official PlayStation Magazine, Nintendo Power, The Official Dreamcast Magazine, and oh man, they print TOTAL FILM. I love that thing.

Anyway...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#8stargazer64Posted 2/5/2013 12:02:47 PM
FierceJello posted...

But Gamespot's credibility is flawless, amirite?
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#9GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:03:55 PM
stargazer64 posted...
FierceJello posted...

But Gamespot's credibility is flawless, amirite?

LOL.

Awesome rebuttal, that really was the only thing I should've said.
---
#10XphoenixedgeXPosted 2/5/2013 12:06:06 PM
GradyHoover posted...
FierceJello posted...
Isn't GameInformer wholly owned by GameStop and therefore it has a massive conflict of interest?

In what sense? What would be the conflict of interest? I mean, Game Informer rates all kinds of games poorly, so if they're supposed to give everything positive reviews in order to get more sales, they're sucking balls at doing so.

And wouldn't it be bad form for them to review NEW games well at all, considering that GameStop's profits come almost entirely from used game sales? They should really take to reviewing games that came out two years ago or something. Now there's some phat cash.

And isn't IGN notorious for grade inflation in order to maintain preferential publisher access?

Never heard that accusation, no. I've heard of other accusations against IGN, but that's a brand new one that you just made up right now. Put your tinfoil hats on, kids. Regardless, they ARE the biggest video game news/review site on the web, whether we like it or not. I don't always like it, but their voice matters anyway, even when I disagree...

And who are GamesRadar?

....seriously? Are you just really young or...

OK, do you know who Daily Radar was? If you don't, it's fine, they were pretty much a major gaming site back in the late '90s/early '00s. They predated a lot of the sites that people visit now, and they eventually became GamesRadar.

GamesRadar is also the online arm of PC Gamer magazine, and is owned by the same publishing company that used to bring us The Official PlayStation Magazine, Nintendo Power, The Official Dreamcast Magazine, and oh man, they print TOTAL FILM. I love that thing.

Anyway...

You're responding to him as if he is a level-minded, reasonable person.
You can't reason with his type.