Adam Sessler on Sly 4: 2/5

#21Lord_VishanaPosted 2/5/2013 1:24:37 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
Who to the what what? I've never heard of this guy.

You're kidding right...?

I'm not kidding.

Sorry, I meant no offense. Adam Sessler has been reviewing games for over two decades now. He was the host of Gamestop T.V. then Extended Play then X-Play. He is renowned worldwide for being an important part of gaming culture. He's written a book about the evolution of gaming and testified before Congress on multiple occasions about violence in videogames and how they have no correlation to violent tendencies in children. He also destroyed Jack Thompson in a debate about games. :-)
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#22Spiffy247Posted 2/5/2013 1:26:07 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Spiffy247 posted...

You're kidding right...?

I'm not kidding.

Sorry, I meant no offense. Adam Sessler has been reviewing games for over two decades now. He was the host of Gamestop T.V. then Extended Play then X-Play. He is renowned worldwide for being an important part of gaming culture. He's written a book about the evolution of gaming and testified before Congress on multiple occasions about violence in videogames and how they have no correlation to violent tendencies in children. He also destroyed Jack Thompson in a debate about games. :-)

I didn't take offense. I just stopped watching tv years ago, and I guess I just never came across his name.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#23MicroByterPosted 2/5/2013 1:32:05 PM
Am I the only one watching the gameplay footage and thinking to myself that it looked great and had some good variety in gameplay? I'm not arguing that it's perfect, but the score seems a bit low.

Maybe it's a case of overblown expectations and the end product not meeting them.

On a side note, I learned a new word from the review - pastiche... I intend to use that word with every future conversation or post I make. =p
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206 | PSN jhaasl | Nintendo ID: MicroByter
#24lunchEATSyouPosted 2/5/2013 1:32:31 PM
Wasn't Adam Sessler also the same guy who openly had a distaste for all Nintendo fans?
I figured that Sessler woud be one of the Vita Board's heroes...
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#25mike_411Posted 2/5/2013 1:33:02 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Spiffy247 posted...

You're kidding right...?

I'm not kidding.

he's really done all that? I'd like to take a look at that book of his...

I don't really like the Sess but whatev's he's entitled to an opinion too.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#26RD_21Posted 2/5/2013 1:35:04 PM
Oh man I went through the whole review thinking you were a jerk and didn't post the score because I thought you made a odd choice of posting the date in the thread title since we are 2/5 lol or 5/2 depending on your date format.

As for the review I like what he brings to the table, but I can't help but feel like Sessler just want to be overly critical and give bad score because he is now free of big evil gaming sites and their conventions (I may be wrong and mostly are), but the man seem cool.
#27Elements012894Posted 2/5/2013 1:47:22 PM
He's seems to not like it because it plays like the PS2 games. Which personally I have no issue with.

I still like the guy though, but I'm a little bummed.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#28XphoenixedgeXPosted 2/5/2013 1:52:33 PM
Elements012894 posted...
He's seems to not like it because it plays like the PS2 games. Which personally I have no issue with.

I still like the guy though, but I'm a little bummed.

Why be bummed? I honestly don't understand this way of thinking.
If you're interested in the game and know what to expect, why should it matter what someone else thinks?
#29Abiz_Posted 2/5/2013 2:04:21 PM
. For others though, please don't make silly comments about Adam Sessler either. He's one of the most respect individuals in the industry.

Most gamers didn't watch xplay. So no.. I think the guy has interesting opinions on topics related to video games but generally his reviews are full of fluff and utterly worthless.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#30kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/5/2013 2:05:30 PM
Adam Sessler is trying so hard to stay relevant, lol
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton