RUMOR upgraded vita to be revealed soon?

#1AncientRomeBCPosted 2/5/2013 9:04:24 PM
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/4G-vita-plus-firmware-update-to-be-revealed-soon/m-p/39462093#U39462093
---
PS Vita : Merlin--Camelot
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Caesar
#2_HlM_Posted 2/5/2013 9:06:17 PM
Like a Vita Slim or something? If so i'd pick it up if the screen is abit brighter. It might be my Vita but it seems like my 3DS has the slightly brighter screen,

I hope the new Vita comes in white to match my original one. :)
---
Why don't you go take a jog? Better yet, go kick some rocks.
Let me guess you have a blog, follow trends like it's your job.
#3FelineCyborgPosted 2/5/2013 9:09:32 PM
Like a Vita Slim or something? If so i'd pick it up if the screen is abit brighter. It might be my Vita but it seems like my 3DS has the slightly brighter screen,

I hope the new Vita comes in white to match my original one. :)

i never put my brightness on max on my vita because i think its TOO bright. i don't have a 3ds to compare it too though
---
"I can't enjoy anything unless everybody is, one guy starving some place puts a crimp on my evening" - Woody Allen
#4Spiffy247Posted 2/5/2013 9:13:51 PM
I hope that it's not a complete redesign, just a 4G option and a price drop of the wifi and 3G versions.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#5sarevokmbPosted 2/5/2013 9:14:03 PM
3DS is a lot brighter, but the Vita's brightness is pretty good. I'd never really consider buying another Vita though. I think the design is pretty good as is. I can't wait until Nintendo finally caves in and integrates the second analog in the 3DS though. I'd buy that day 1.
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#6n0matterPosted 2/5/2013 9:14:09 PM
Yeah, exactly what it needs. Upgrade the hardware to an under-advertised, dieing system. Maybe they should spend more money securing third party titles and less trying to upgrade the hardware.
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
600,000+400,000=1.1 million - Sailor Goon
#7co1onelPosted 2/5/2013 9:17:03 PM(edited)
I can imagine the saltiness that will surely endure if feb. 20 is actually the reveal of this upgraded Vita and not the PS4.

Maybe Sony will unlock some CPU with this update? doubt it...
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#8DunGoofdPosted 2/5/2013 9:19:02 PM
sarevokmb posted...
3DS is a lot brighter, but the Vita's brightness is pretty good. I'd never really consider buying another Vita though. I think the design is pretty good as is. I can't wait until Nintendo finally caves in and integrates the second analog in the 3DS though. I'd buy that day 1.

Never gonna happen with the 3DS.
#9NerdstickPosted 2/5/2013 9:42:41 PM
"To go along with the 4G model, a significant firmware update will go live bringing in a lot of requested features including new ways to organize apps in folders."

If that update allows an XMB interface and the removal of the one-PSN-account restriction they'll have fixed all of my personal flaws of the system. Otherwise: Large resounding 'meh'.
#10Bikes-Posted 2/5/2013 9:55:41 PM
n0matter posted...
Yeah, exactly what it needs. Upgrade the hardware to an under-advertised, dieing system. Maybe they should spend more money securing third party titles and less trying to upgrade the hardware.

This, especially since Vita shelf space is already minimal, how many stores are going to spring on the chance to buy more >_>