When the F*** is Sorny going to actually make this system appeal to the masses?

#31FayeLadyPosted 2/6/2013 7:56:05 AM
When its competitively priced against the 3DS. Right now, the deal is that a Vita owner pays more and gets less. They need to make that deal more attractive to get more takers.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#32badbadkittyPosted 2/6/2013 8:20:43 AM
Yes UMD's are not all that great of a format, but the lack of BC is still sucky. Case in point I just purchased a new copy of hot shots golf open tee2 at my local game stop for 9.99. Buy it on the PSN and it is 29.99. So why would I want to buy a Vita to play psp games that are overpriced on PSN?

I had $250 bucks to spend after X-mas and I decided to get a PSP and a crapton of games instead of a vita. Why buy a vita? Unless you must have Persona 4 Golden there really isn't a reason. Persona 4 Golden is the definition of unappealing to the masses.
#33smelly_boobPosted 2/6/2013 12:13:40 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
This thing just doesn't appeal to today's gamer, period. Very few people want a portable gaming system nowadays, when a smartphone can play FREE games of decent quality. 3DS can survive because of brand loyalty, and the fact that it has titles appealing to the Japanese.

this
#34Lelouch71Posted 2/6/2013 2:35:05 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
BlueSophia posted...
The 3DS survives because of system exclusives and title markets. It has a unique position where it appeals to both casuals and hardcores alike. Its library grows constantly and the quality of their games range from decent, to professional quality. Smartphone gaming is the new casual (the market that the Vita fails in). It's design is also what makes it sell. Old customers stay on because it caters to them as a gamer. New people pick it up for its prevalence.

You seem to forget, brand loyalty is a big seller for successors, something that Sony just failed in. When you want to sell the Vita, you gotta bring the old crew in too. Instead, not even dedicated Sony fans want one. Remember when the PS2 was popular? That was because players of the PS1 (like me) actually found it to be the same thing AND MORE. The Vita is the same thing but with nothing to make it appeal to PS3 users (who usually stick with their home consoles) or casuals (where the buck is more important than the bang).

Wait wait wait...so 3DS = hardcore crowd and Vita = casual crowd? Rofl

Fanboy alert

Poor reading comphrension much.

He/she said that the 3DS=both hardcore and casual crowd. Smart phones got the casual audience. The Vita fails at both.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#35Sami1000Posted 2/6/2013 2:58:09 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
What is a FULL game exactly TC? *laughs*

That's when you first buy new game for 50 usd and then buy all 20 dlc's which costs 7 usd each.
#36DunGoofdPosted 2/6/2013 2:59:40 PM
aryanbrar posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
There are other portables but the Vita is superior both in technology and games. (forgetting the incredible PSP back library?)
I don't see the problem. >_>

the Vita is neither. There's tablets and phones more powerful than Vita and other handhelds with better libraries. The only thing Vita has, is superior low sales...

cpu wise maybe but gpu wise vita is going to stay the top for a while.

Nope. CPU and GPU wise, the Vita is no longer the best.
#37Godstriker8Posted 2/6/2013 4:36:46 PM
MasterLink2012 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
This thing just doesn't appeal to today's gamer, period. Very few people want a portable gaming system nowadays, when a smartphone can play FREE games of decent quality. 3DS can survive because of brand loyalty, and the fact that it has titles appealing to the Japanese.

Name one decent iPhone/Android game that is free.
I believe there is none. Screw those cheapass games in the App Store, nobody with dignity wants to play those :3

There are tons of free games and even more people who play them. Today's app market is all about free games with in app purchases to make money, resulting in a lot of free games of decent or better quality. Such as Jet pack Joyride, a game that this board seems to enjoy.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#38Remmy34Posted 2/6/2013 4:54:43 PM
"When the F*** is Sorny going to actually make this system appeal to the masses?"

I think that has a lot to do with the Catholic Church. They want people to pay attention to the mass not play video games.
---
3ds Friend Code 0044-2890-2487 Remmy
PSN deamon34
#39BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/6/2013 5:01:45 PM
FayeLady posted...
When its competitively priced against the 3DS. Right now, the deal is that a Vita owner pays more and gets less. They need to make that deal more attractive to get more takers.

So Bascially Sony sucks?
---
Greatness comes from within
#40j2zon2591Posted 2/6/2013 5:06:08 PM
MasterLink2012 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...

Name one decent iPhone/Android game that is free.
I believe there is none. Screw those cheapass games in the App Store, nobody with dignity wants to play those :3

Dead Trigger and Shadowgun free MP.. idk if those are still free tho.

IMO, has better value than most cheap minis on the PSP section and cheap stuff on PSV Mobile section..

You don't, most of the mobile consumers enjoy freebies and cheap iOS/Android games.