Digital Psp game and Data Install

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Digital Psp game and Data Install

User Info: ChimeraTF

ChimeraTF
3 years ago#1
If I have a digital copy of a PSP game, and that game has a Data Install option, to reduce load time, (for example, Dissidia Final Fantasy, or Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker) will it actually benefit me to Install the Data?

I know it helps speed up load times with a UMD, but if it's a digital copy, and already fully on the memory stick, will it do anything to install the data?

Basically, will my digital copy of a game benefit from Data Install, or is it already loading "fastest" by just being on the memory stick?

User Info: TheExiled280

TheExiled280
3 years ago#2
Data Install is for hard copy games. DD PSP games are naturally fast. The only exception is Peace Walker. Despite having the DD version, I had to Data Install about 300MB so the com voices during missions would be enabled.
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)

User Info: Angemon_23

Angemon_23
3 years ago#3
The difference should be negligible, if any at all. A couple of games do require install for voice-overs, Peace Walker and Mana Khemia.
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Digital Psp game and Data Install

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived