Digital Psp game and Data Install

#1ChimeraTFPosted 2/6/2013 4:30:18 AM
If I have a digital copy of a PSP game, and that game has a Data Install option, to reduce load time, (for example, Dissidia Final Fantasy, or Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker) will it actually benefit me to Install the Data?

I know it helps speed up load times with a UMD, but if it's a digital copy, and already fully on the memory stick, will it do anything to install the data?

Basically, will my digital copy of a game benefit from Data Install, or is it already loading "fastest" by just being on the memory stick?
#2TheExiled280Posted 2/6/2013 4:33:11 AM
Data Install is for hard copy games. DD PSP games are naturally fast. The only exception is Peace Walker. Despite having the DD version, I had to Data Install about 300MB so the com voices during missions would be enabled.
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#3Angemon_23Posted 2/6/2013 4:33:28 AM
The difference should be negligible, if any at all. A couple of games do require install for voice-overs, Peace Walker and Mana Khemia.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover