Digital Psp game and Data Install

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Digital Psp game and Data Install
2 years ago#1
If I have a digital copy of a PSP game, and that game has a Data Install option, to reduce load time, (for example, Dissidia Final Fantasy, or Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker) will it actually benefit me to Install the Data?

I know it helps speed up load times with a UMD, but if it's a digital copy, and already fully on the memory stick, will it do anything to install the data?

Basically, will my digital copy of a game benefit from Data Install, or is it already loading "fastest" by just being on the memory stick?
2 years ago#2
Data Install is for hard copy games. DD PSP games are naturally fast. The only exception is Peace Walker. Despite having the DD version, I had to Data Install about 300MB so the com voices during missions would be enabled.
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
2 years ago#3
The difference should be negligible, if any at all. A couple of games do require install for voice-overs, Peace Walker and Mana Khemia.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Digital Psp game and Data Install

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived